Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #61
pohnjarker

looks like i need to get my sway bar relocation brackets, barton shifter, and barton 2 post bracket instealled if the wife is gracious enough to let me go since i'll finally be home for an event!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #62
FastFordDriver

Do we race either drag strip or autocross or do all cars have to race both????
Old 09-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #63
03MachMe

Originally Posted by FastFordDriver View Post
pretty sure you can just do one or the other if you want. I know there are a bunch of drag only cars that couldnt make a turn if they wanted to lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #64
modernbeat

I think it's organized so that everyone has an opportunity to do everything.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #65
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
Should make for an interesting day organizing everything and keeping it on schedule.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #66
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm going to this but I probably won't be there till close to 2pm. I have my boy's baseball game and I will either be pitching or first base coach, so I can't skip out.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #67
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
looks like i need to get my sway bar relocation brackets, barton shifter, and barton 2 post bracket instealled if the wife is gracious enough to let me go since i'll finally be home for an event!

Time to tell the wife how awesome she is and how one Saturday will help make your relationship stronger lol

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #68
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by FastFordDriver View Post
There will be many people only doing one event, I hope there is just as many doing both events (Drag Racing and Auto Crossing)

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
pretty sure you can just do one or the other if you want. I know there are a bunch of drag only cars that couldnt make a turn if they wanted to lol
Our shop car does awesome turns one the bigs and littles

Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
Correct, this will be tough but not impossible. Depends on how many racer we have the plan will be to break it up into two or three groups. This way group one can be at the auto crossing or working on there car in the pits, group 2 will be at the drag track running there passes. Once both groups are done at there event we will switch, Group one to the drags and group two to the auto cross.

We are looking at 500-600 cars racing if all show up (you know how this goes) so it will be busy. the good thing is the more cars that race the closer all the race's will be

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Should make for an interesting day organizing everything and keeping it on schedule.
Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I'm going to this but I probably won't be there till close to 2pm. I have my boy's baseball game and I will either be pitching or first base coach, so I can't skip out.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #69
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Wow, a 600 car turnout would be nuts period let alone the very first official event. This is gonna be fun!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #70
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Wow, a 600 car turnout would be nuts period let alone the very first official event. This is gonna be fun!
This is based on face book and Pm we have had, If we have anything over 300 I will very happy. This event is still growing at a rate of 4-6 people a day on facebook alone. If they all show up this should be a crazy fun day!!! Looking forward to a big event and street cars are the main focus.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #71
pohnjarker

Originally Posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
Time to tell the wife how awesome she is and how one Saturday will help make your relationship stronger lol
lol...after being overseas for over a year...it's going to take more than that. as dense as I am, even I realize that...lmao.

however, if I can bring her....it might help.

i'd love to try autocross for the first time, if anything i'll find out how horrible of a drive I really am.

sounds like a badass turn out is expected, id love to just see the cars that show up if anything else!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #72
Capt_Pooty

Clint, dumb question but is this still on > I checked Texas motorplex's webiste today and there is another event scheduled for that day and no mention of the Camaro Vs Mustang at all ? Just concerned ? Also getting multiple questions on LSC as well as C5 on Rules for this event if they can be answered.

Thanks,
Scott

Events Guy for LSC and co-Host for Camaro vs Mustang shootout !
Capt_Pooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #73
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Capt_Pooty View Post
Clint, dumb question but is this still on > I checked Texas motorplex's webiste today and there is another event scheduled for that day and no mention of the Camaro Vs Mustang at all ? Just concerned ? Also getting multiple questions on LSC as well as C5 on Rules for this event if they can be answered.

Thanks,
Scott
TMP doesn't seem to be up to snuff on their own happenings. Probably one of the reason Fun Ford Weekend sucks so bad. They can't even put something on the schedule.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #74
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Capt_Pooty View Post

Thanks,
Scott
Very Good question my friend, the Motorplex has been telling me for over two months this was being added to there schedule. I just got off the phone with the GM and said it would be up by tomorrow. But yes this event is in full swing, Hope everyone is getting last min details in order, this is not a event I would think anyone would want to miss

Time For rules

Team Camaro (any car/truck powered by a chevy motor, Big block, small block, ls1,ls2,ls3,ls6,ls7,lsa ect)

Team Mustang (anycar/truck Ford Powered, big block, small block302,351,390,400,427,429,460 ect)

There are no limits on motor, nitrous, turbos, blower.
Any tire size, slick, radial, road race tires, ect
Race cars, Street cars, trucks, are all welcome

This event will be run based on time trials, Two qualifying passes with no times being showed during qualifying. All Team Camaro will qualify together and all Team Mustang will qualify together. Once Qualifying is complete for both teams there will be a small break for lunch to give us a chance to build the latter for each team.

Team Camaro
#1 Rick Forbes
#2 Brett Dickey
#3 Slo Maro (see what I did there lol)
all the way down to the slowest qualifier

Team Mustang
#1 Steve (JKD)
#2 Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
#3 Jeff (Mr internet)

Once teams are listed from quickest to slowest we will pair up the races

Race one
Rick Forbes vs Steve (JKD)
Race two
Brett Dickey Vs Nick (AKA Mr DFW 5.0)
Race three Slo Maro Vs Jeff (Mr Internet)

and so on and so forth

The key to this plateform of racing is to have as many quick cars show up as possible. Each race there will be a point giving, Team with the most points/races won at the end of the event will have bragging rights.

This format of racing has been done for over 15 years with the buick vs ford shoot out and I can tell you with all the street cars and races cars that show up, some running 15 second 1/4 miles to 8 second 1/4 miles. I will tell you the racing is close, points are always down to the wire. If you have not been to a event run like this you have to come and see. Slow cars will have other slow cars to race, fast cars will have other fast cars to race.

Time to put the key boards down, Forget about dyno slips, and run your cars, Good times ahead!!!!!

On a side note, There is a big Money race that night for TX275 drag radial, Automatic Pro Mod, Promod Motorcycle and open Test and Tune. The Texas Motorplex has told me anyone that attends Mustang Vs Camaro will be welcome to stay with no additional cost. hang out and watch and if you want run the car some more at the open test and tune..

As always Help spread the word, get as many cars for your team. This will greatly increase your odds!!!!

Last edited by TrueStreetMotorSports.com; 09-18-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #75
DirtyD

Mr. Internet!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote