Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default Questions about suspension mods..

Hey,
I'll be buying a ton of BMR suspension mods within the next week but am still really torn on a few things..

I want to be able to hook at the track and still use this as a daily driver and occasionally 2-3 times a year go to a autocross event and be able to do that as well.. What type of shocks/struts would you guys reccomend?

I've been told that koni yellows would be a good all around shock/strut
some people told me to just stick with strange adjustable struts and viking or QA1'S adjustables for the rear.

I'd probably be going to the track atleast 2ce a month if that helps make it easier.

Would like to eventually throw a twin turbo kit on the car as well within 2-3 years..

heres a parts breakdown of stuff I'm buying:

1) BMR Rear sway bar SB023
2) BMR adjustable front sway bar SB022
3) BMR panhard bar relocation bracket PHR008
4) BMR adjustable panhard bar PHR006
5) BMR uppper panhard bar support brace PHR007
6) BMR adjustable rear upper control arm assembly UCTA032
7) BMR rear upper control arm mount UCM002
8) BMR rear lower control arm relocation brackets CAB005
9) mamimum motorsports caster camber plates
10) BMR sway bar relocation kit SRK001
11) BMR lowering springs SP009

Still torn on what shocks/struts i wanna use
12)koni yellows (the best)
or
13)Strange adjustable front struts and viking double adjustable rears

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
03MachMe

I know a few guys use the konis for double duty and don't have any problems. I am going more for the auto X and road course with a little drag rarely mixed in so that is why I went with the konis. I have no idea how the strange and viking shocks would do on a autox or road course. The rest of it looks spot on tho. Also are you trying to break records or just going to have fun?

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
toomnymods

Well for now just fun.. Lol but ive always liked being at the top of the pack when performance is concerned. I sold my nissan titan 8 months ago and my N/A record of 12.92@103 still stands after 7 yrs as well as my boosted record of [email protected] this was in a 5300lb truck that had the aerodynamics of a house, lol
I should easily be able to beat these times in the stang with maybe 1-2 more mods.. Last time i went to the track i kept getting locked outta 4th. So i got the MGW shifter and BMR LCA's cause the traction sucked balls. Best 60' of the night was a 2.2 and most where 2.3 to 2.4
I aslo got the bama tune but havent been back to the track since i was bone stock..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
Old 11-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
03MachMe

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
Well for now just fun.. Lol but ive always liked being at the top of the pack when performance is concerned. I sold my nissan titan 8 months ago and my N/A record of 12.92@103 still stands after 7 yrs as well as my boosted record of [email protected] this was in a 5300lb truck that had the aerodynamics of a house, lol
I should easily be able to beat these times in the stang with maybe 1-2 more mods.. Last time i went to the track i kept getting locked outta 4th. So i got the MGW shifter and BMR LCA's cause the traction sucked balls. Best 60' of the night was a 2.2 and most where 2.3 to 2.4
I aslo got the bama tune but havent been back to the track since i was bone stock..
I say try autocross before you decide to purchase. The konis will do Ok in drag and great in autocross and the strange /viking will prolly do good at drag and Ok at autocross. But fair warning once you try it drag racing gets a lot more boring lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
JDBishopArts

You should be able to bring that 60ft down to at least a 2.0 with more seat time. I was able to cut a 1.8 on stockers when I was stock and after Intake/Mid/Tune. 8.3 stock and 8.0 tuned was the best I could manage but I was on warn out 20s.

I have the KONI yellows and love them.

So far I have:
BMR Adj panhard
BMR LCA's
BMR LCA relo brackets
Eibach Adj front and rear sways
H&R Race Springs

I didn't get the swaybar relo because I don't ever plan on running 15x10s.

AutoX is a blast. You'll love it.

We are installing Ryan's KONIs, Brembos, both are changing brake fluid to MOTUL and I have Vorshlag C/C plates going on. You're welcome to come!

Here's a vid. haha

Last edited by JDBishopArts; 11-12-2013 at 12:31 PM.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
toomnymods

Heres a list of what ill be buying this friday

1) 2013-2014 Borla Stinger Stainless steel catback
2) BMR Rear sway bar SB023
3) BMR adjustable front sway bar SB022
4) BMR panhard bar relocation bracket PHR008
5) BMR adjustable panhard bar PHR006
6) BMR uppper panhard bar support brace PHR007
7) BMR adjustable rear upper control arm assembly UCTA032
8) BMR rear upper control arm mount UCM002
9) BMR rear lower control arm relocation brackets CAB005
10) mamimum motorsports or vorshlag caster camber plates
11) BMR sway bar relocation kit SRK001
12) BMR lowering springs SP009

Still torn on what shocks/struts i wanna use
13)koni yellows (the best)
Or
14) strange struts with viking double adjustable shocks

Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
JDBishopArts

Vorshlag Plates are sexy.

JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
toomnymods

those are nice.. might have to paint the top plate black though.. lol

Old 11-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
modernbeat

Don't worry about the color. The plate is almost entirely hidden inside the strut tower.

If you really want to compete in Autocross, first choose a class. That parts list you chose will put you into SCCA C-Prepared where you will be up against gutted tubs on racing slicks, not DOT-R Hoosiers.

My recommendation would be to look at either E-Street Prepared, or Street Mod if you are going to be doing internal engine mods.

As far as suspension goes, I'd use Motion Control TT2 dampers and our Vorshlag camber plates, Whiteline Watts, and depending on the class, either an upper arm (ESP) or lower arms and relocation brackets (SM). I'd add Whiteline front and rear adjustable bars and end links and then stick 18x11 wheels front and rear with 315/30-18 Hoosiers.