Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #46
DirtyD

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
That lambo will run laps around any Mustang on this site... just because the owner only chooses to roll race it doesnt mean it cant do turns or run from a dig. driver included, since everyone says he cant go around turns bla bla
I would hope Mullet's Lambo would run laps around any Mustang on this site.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #47
03MachMe

But but Danny they have 1300+ HP how can you not think they are cool?

You guys are missing our point. Just not a fan of this type of racing. I prefer racing that is more about the driver than the car itself, which is why I like autocross and road racing. That's just my opinion. The level of skill for the driver is less than that on a road course or even drag strip imo that's all I'm saying. Yes I know it prolly takes more skill to roll race one of these compared to drag racing a Honda or some crap. Just simply stating if I had that kind of money not the kind of race car I would build. Not saying it's not cool. Fuck Yea who doesn't want to see a car do 180 in a safe environment but just not my cup of tea. More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #48
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I would hope Mullet's Lambo would run laps around any Mustang on this site.
Well hearing the responses made it sound like no one could verify it as a corner carver anymore
Old 01-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #49
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4
They go 180 in qtr too.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #50
DirtyD

They go 180 in qtr too.
I don't see 180 out of some of these cars. Maybe 175 or so. Only because they make up so much MPH on the back half.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #51
DirtyD

Well hearing the responses made it sound like no one could verify it as a corner carver anymore
But I gaurantee it would be a hell of a lot harder to plant 1600 awhp on a road course when truly pushing the car hard. I don't even think it would be possible, honestly.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #52
03MachMe

They go 180 in qtr too.
So they do 180 in the 1/4 yet also 180 in 1/2 mile with a 60mph head start?

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #53
rlhay2

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
All that race is, is organized roll racing.
Yep.
And high hp dig racing is a test of parts durability. Not knocking dig racing, but some hate the "maintenance" costs.

They go 180 in qtr too.
...but with a 1.8x 60 ft time...
Lambos have a ridiculously long 1st gear, this allows 2-6 to emulate a close ratio transmission.

It's a form of racing that is not for everyone.
But it is FUN!!
Other than the Texas Mile, where else can you legally throw 5th gear under full boost?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #54
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I think the elitist group are missing the point. Nobody is saying the cars aren't cool. I know it takes some skill to drive them but no where near road racing or drag racing (not saying these cars can't do it, had to say that before that got thrown in my face). I just don't find it entertaining to watch, maybe its different in person I don't know. That's my whole complaint is its not fun to watch. Its roll racing, roll racing isn't that fun to watch in person let alone on the computer.

Before this gets going I know my fox is slow and I can't compete with these cars. I do not have car penis envy, so that's not why I am saying this.

Don't bring up drag racing either because it takes a hell of a long time to get a setup dialed in and running the times you want. I did race for a long time and my 1/8 and 1/4 miles times are better than most the cars on this site and dfwm. I just don't brag about them, now that I sold it I really can't but I didn't brag when I was running those times.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #55
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think the elitist group are missing the point. Nobody is saying the cars aren't cool. I know it takes some skill to drive them but no where near road racing or drag racing (not saying these cars can't do it, had to say that before that got thrown in my face). I just don't find it entertaining to watch, maybe its different in person I don't know. That's my whole complaint is its not fun to watch. Its roll racing, roll racing isn't that fun to watch in person let alone on the computer.

Before this gets going I know my fox is slow and I can't compete with these cars. I do not have car penis envy, so that's not why I am saying this.

Don't bring up drag racing either because it takes a hell of a long time to get a setup dialed in and running the times you want. I did race for a long time and my 1/8 and 1/4 miles times are better than most the cars on this site and dfwm. I just don't brag about them, now that I sold it I really can't but I didn't brag when I was running those times.
Labeling "elistist" because it's not a fox isn't fair at all. Ronnie (Rlhay) has a badass Mustang worthy of running at the event and he's anything but elitist. He'll take the time to talk to anyone about cars. Very cool guy. He isn't the only Mustang or non Lambo out there. Yes, there is some high dollar cars and maybe a few "elitist" ego types, but that's not the typical type. I know a lot of these guys and they are just car guys like anyone else, their toys just happen to be a little more expensive.

It's cool, you don't like it. I get it. I think they are exciting to watch at the events and enjoy the hell out of it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
Yep.
And high hp dig racing is a test of parts durability. Not knocking dig racing, but some hate the "maintenance" costs.

...but with a 1.8x 60 ft time...
Lambos have a ridiculously long 1st gear, this allows 2-6 to emulate a close ratio transmission.

It's a form of racing that is not for everyone.
But it is FUN!!
Other than the Texas Mile, where else can you legally throw 5th gear under full boost?
Agreed on all points!

I love it when the UGR cars get about half track and it looks like they get rearended by a freight train and just take off! Sound wicked too!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #57
Dominic Toretto

That's a bit of a stretch don't you think. I could see you comparing the races at redline to the Nhra national events. Let's get real here roll racing isn't a nationally televised event. If it wasn't for youtube 99% of the population wouldn't have ever heard of TI.

Have you ever been to a Friday night meet. There are a few cars there that go to TI and race so my comment wasn't that as far fetched as your YMCA to the cowboys comment. Seriously that was out there. Did you read that before you posted it?
Actually, it's not a stretch at all when Youtube can reach more of an audience than a nationally televised event. NBC is national, youtube is GLOBAL.

So yes, I still say it's on the same ratio of comparing a Friday night meet to this event which is much more well known. Hell, even the TX2K events are far more well known than the Friday night meet for a local group. People come from all over the country to Houston to roll race. Juss sayin.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #58
Junkie

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I sense jealously more than anything in this thread.
All racing is the same, competition of speed in shortest amount of time to reach a specific goal.
To say one form is more or less difficult than the other is silly.

A 1500+hp car racing another is just plain cool. Great video.
Exactly, and its exactly how its been for years. 1/8th mile guys talk shit about 1/4. 1/4 guys talk shit about mile/half mile/TI, etc... Roll racers talk shit about drag racing.

The only issue I have with any of this. Is the judgement with lack of experience. That drives me nuts in every area of motorsports. I hear from Road Racers CONSTANTLY that they don't drag race because its boring and easy, yet they have never driven anything faster then a 12 second car and have no real world experience.

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Didn't know boosted's cars has changed so much. Your right I don't follow it much because I don't have the time so I don't know the present state of his car. I just have always heard his car car was full interior. My bad.

No I don't know what it's like to have a billion hp car and roll race because I don't care.

I was simply stating that's a pretty lame form of racing to me (my personal opinion). Y'all don't have to get so defensive about that. I'm just stating my opinion.
Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
But but Danny they have 1300+ HP how can you not think they are cool?

You guys are missing our point. Just not a fan of this type of racing. I prefer racing that is more about the driver than the car itself, which is why I like autocross and road racing. That's just my opinion. The level of skill for the driver is less than that on a road course or even drag strip imo that's all I'm saying. Yes I know it prolly takes more skill to roll race one of these compared to drag racing a Honda or some crap. Just simply stating if I had that kind of money not the kind of race car I would build. Not saying it's not cool. Fuck Yea who doesn't want to see a car do 180 in a safe environment but just not my cup of tea. More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4
Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I don't see 180 out of some of these cars. Maybe 175 or so. Only because they make up so much MPH on the back half.
Several have been 180+ at the track

This is the type of post that drives me nuts.

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #59
Dan12GT

Hook, line, and sinker! BOOM! (agreed with most of this)

I do agree too though it does take some serious skill, tuning, and testing to control one of these mammoth horse power cars though

But....

You do have to agree going from a 60 roll does add some control factor to the race. The control factor meaning a safe starting speed because these cars have too much power to go from a dig for their current setup.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph

Last edited by Dan12GT; 01-09-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #60
Junkie

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Hook, line, and sinker! BOOM! (agreed with most of this)

I do agree too though it does take some serious skill, tuning, and testing to control one of these mammoth horse power cars though

But....

You do have to agree going from a 60 roll does add some control factor to the race. The control factor meaning a safe starting speed because these cars have too much power to go from a dig for their current setup.
Hooking from a stop at the track is easier then it is at TI, FYI