Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #76
GunsUp

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
its not even thanksgiving yet...
Clark Griswald doesn't have **** on me!

My sister & bro in law just had their first baby so my mother wants everything to be perfect this year.

We're skipping Thanksgiving to go to our farm in Louisiana
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #77
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Out. I used up my free day with the nice weather yesterday thinking it was going to storm today. My car is staying in the garage today.
Glad you made it by on your one day. It was good bullshitting with you. Finally got the car all cleaned up. Next it will need a buffing but the tune up is next weekend, then the dyno to see what needs to be done if anything.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #78
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Glad you made it by on your one day. It was good bullshitting with you. Finally got the car all cleaned up. Next it will need a buffing but the tune up is next weekend, then the dyno to see what needs to be done if anything.
Yeah, it was good to see you again and I"m glad to see you back in the hobby. Just let me know when you want to cruise out to TS. It's going to be nice outside all this week!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #79
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Yeah, it was good to see you again and I"m glad to see you back in the hobby. Just let me know when you want to cruise out to TS. It's going to be nice outside all this week!
Ill send you a text tomorrow to set something up later in the week. I think I'm going to do the tune up and then have it put on the dyno to see where it's at. Really hate to start dropping money on stuff and not even know where I'm at now. The car hasn't been on a dyno in almost 10 years. Looking forward to making it to some events. I'll bring the old 5.0 to your new ones.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #80
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Ill send you a text tomorrow to set something up later in the week. I think I'm going to do the tune up and then have it put on the dyno to see where it's at. Really hate to start dropping money on stuff and not even know where I'm at now. The car hasn't been on a dyno in almost 10 years. Looking forward to making it to some events. I'll bring the old 5.0 to your new ones.
I'm guessing it will make around 450-475rw which isn't bad at all for as old as that setup is. A new tune, get rid of that FMU, some new injectors and it should crack 500rw pretty easily as long as the head unit is still making boost and there is no issue with any seals.

There is still some cool car shows coming up before the end of the year we can hit up and there is always Kellers on Saturday nights.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #81
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I'm guessing it will make around 450-475rw which isn't bad at all for as old as that setup is. A new tune, get rid of that FMU, some new injectors and it should crack 500rw pretty easily as long as the head unit is still making boost and there is no issue with any seals.

There is still some cool car shows coming up before the end of the year we can hit up and there is always Kellers on Saturday nights.
I'm wanting to try and make it through the rest of the year with the fmu if possible. Since I get to have another surgery on December 18th, only 3 this year not bad. Then I will start getting everything together to get rid of the fmu and get a chip burned. Not wanting to push to much power don't want to have to build a dart block 331 stroker yet, but if she does blow that's what I'm doing. The block only has 42k miles on it so I want to make it safe and cruise.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #82
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Kellers sounds good, Saturday?

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #83
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm wanting to try and make it through the rest of the year with the fmu if possible. Since I get to have another surgery on December 18th, only 3 this year not bad. Then I will start getting everything together to get rid of the fmu and get a chip burned. Not wanting to push to much power don't want to have to build a dart block 331 stroker yet, but if she does blow that's what I'm doing. The block only has 42k miles on it so I want to make it safe and cruise.
With my 93 Cobra, I saw much better improved drivability and idle quality when I finally tuned it and ditched the FMU. But you will be fine until then, may have to put up with a lil surging here and there. Other than that, keep the RPM's down like I said before. Those FMU's can be a lil sketchy and the only thing in that that FMU keeping your motor alive is that lil diaphram. So don't blow it it out of there! lol.

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I'm down.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #84
Bearded Banger

I can probably make this.
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #85
GunsUp

What time?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #86
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Not sure, I may pregame at Hooters Plano for a little bit.
What time do you guys want to roll to Kellers?

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #87
DirtyD

Rahr Brewery tour on Saturday with my girlfriend and her parents. Y'all have fun.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #88
Midnight11
El Presidente

im tired of driving all the way out there

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #89
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Around 7-8pm is the best time to arrive at Kellers. Anything past that the parking lot gets full.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #90
maxpayne

Is Keller's the hamburger joint near Skillman and Northwest Hwy?