Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #46
downtime!

I routinely trapped 133-134 with mine, running 3.55 gears. We set the rev limiter to 7400 and I crossed the line at 7200 in 4th. I personally think the 3.15 gears are going to hurt the 1/4 mile trap speed a bit, and I'm guessing it will be in the mid to high 120's. With the right tires though, it will be a LOT of fun on the autobahn.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #47
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
I routinely trapped 133-134 with mine, running 3.55 gears. We set the rev limiter to 7400 and I crossed the line at 7200 in 4th. I personally think the 3.15 gears are going to hurt the 1/4 mile trap speed a bit, and I'm guessing it will be in the mid to high 120's. With the right tires though, it will be a LOT of fun on the autobahn.
That's what I said! Haha
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #48
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

3.15 gears, my tire size, transmission gearing, 7000 rpm will allow me to spin 4th gear up to 139 MPH. That's perfect for the trap speeds that this car will see. Although my car has not been weighed, it is not the average pig of a Mustang and has almost all of the light weight parts in the right areas. Steve, I believe your theory is flawed and I will prove it wrong. If for some reason I don't beat Zeek, which I highly doubt, I will stand corrected.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #49
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
3.15 gears, my tire size, transmission gearing, 7000 rpm will allow me to spin 4th gear up to 139 MPH. That's perfect for the trap speeds that this car will see. Although my car has not been weighed, it is not the average pig of a Mustang and has almost all of the light weight parts in the right areas. Steve, I believe your theory is flawed and I will prove it wrong. If for some reason I don't beat Zeek, which I highly doubt, I will stand corrected.
Why do you believe it to be flawed? Have you expierenced something different racing it? Ive spent a lot of time out and believe to be a pretty solid formula.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #50
Junkie

Maybe I missed it, what is Steves theory?

Zeek is going to drag that ass.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #51
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

You say that a mustang needs to have 150 HP than a corvette to win. How is it that I've beat almost every corvette I've raced? I was NA and put a car and a half on a C6Z...I know several people that beat corvettes all day. I'm done going back and forth. Him and I are going to work through getting this arranged.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #52
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Maybe I missed it, what is Steves theory?

Zeek is going to drag that ass.
Doubtful
Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #53
Junkie

You say that a mustang needs to have 150 HP than a corvette to win. How is it that I've beat almost every corvette I've raced? I was NA and put a car and a half on a C6Z...I know several people that beat corvettes all day. I'm done going back and forth. Him and I are going to work through getting this arranged.
C6Z owner couldn't drive his way out of a wet paper sack, clearly. My bone stock 04 Z06 drug every single 5.0 at coit one night. Including full bolt on cars. Z didn't even have a tune

Doubtful
Good luck
Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #54
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

You clearly have more experience than most guys. I know you can drive whatever it is your in. That being said, lack of driving on someone else's behalf, isn't my problem. Hence why some guys with less power can beat guys with more power. I think the race between him and I will be a good one. I don't think anyone is going to run away from the other. Time will tell though.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #55
BERT
I love tube socks

Was the c6z guy really old? Maybe he had artharites and couldn't grip the shifter very hard??

And I'll be more than happy to bet some money on this race if it ever happens. I'm a degenerate :/
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You are right, drivers do make a big difference. The faster car doesnt always win due to driver error or lack of skill. That being said, even a monkey in a C6 Z06 should be able to drive around a NA 5.0. Hell, my car bone stock weighing a BUNCH more than a C6 Z06 will fuck up a bolt on 5.0 and a Z will beat me. Lol.

A stock c6 Z06 with a good driver can run 10.90s STOCK.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #57
downtime!

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You are right, drivers do make a big difference. The faster car doesnt always win due to driver error or lack of skill. That being said, even a monkey in a C6 Z06 should be able to drive around a NA 5.0. Hell, my car bone stock weighing a BUNCH more than a C6 Z06 will fuck up a bolt on 5.0 and a Z will beat me. Lol.

A stock c6 Z06 with a good driver can run 10.90s STOCK.
If you're talking about Rangers car, stock is a relative term. He did go 10.98 on the run flats, at MIR, on a 40 degree day, but that car is tuned within an inch of it's life. Stock? I guess you can call it LS stock. He did 10.70s with DR's by the way. Damn impressive run. But I wouldn't call it stock, and I certainly wouldn't capitalize the word.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #58
Junkie

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
If you're talking about Rangers car, stock is a relative term. He did go 10.98 on the run flats, but that car is tuned within an inch of it's life. Stock? I guess you can call it LS stock. He did 10.70s with DR's by the way. Damn impressive run. But I wouldn't call it stock, and I certainly wouldn't capitalize the word.
What parts on the car weren't stock?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #59
Disturbed

I had beat C6 Z's when I was N/A.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #60
downtime!

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
What parts on the car weren't stock?
The part that counts the most, the ECM. I ran 11.60's with a "stock" 2012 GT. Stock air box, paper filter, stock exhaust. Only mod it had was a tune, so yeah, it was as stock as Rangers Vette.