Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW tuners (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4568)

Grandpa 09-17-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74807)
I'm pretty sure he would know that. ;)

Of course he does. I wasn't correcting him, just adding to his comment more for those watching the conversation.

Yagermeister 09-17-2014 07:11 PM

62nalide, regardless of who tuned your car and how the dyno was setup (both are dynojets so I can trust the configuration to a better degree than some other type of dyno), I fail to see why you don't think something is wrong with your car. ANY coyote with those mods auto or stick should be minimum 400 rwhp and probably around 420 depending on gears and transmission...maybe even 430. To be saying one tune is better than the other is pretty flawed IMHO when both tuners aren't working with a car that is functioning right. Post up a datalog of each dyno run with measured Afr both banks, spark advance 2, ltft both banks, stft both banks, rpm, vehicle speed, knock sensor, and lambse both banks along with full list of mods and conditions both dynos were run in and also what correction both dyno runs used (sae or std) and a bunch of us here can help you maybe figure out what is wrong with the car.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:15 PM

I have to say this shop bashing shit is old beyond belief. It's like it's starting all over again. For the younger guys you don't realize how real this shit can get. This is how these guys make a living. Steve can tell you how bad things got when Gearheads and HPP were going at it. I was there at the track when both shop and customers had to be separated by the cops. This does build major bad blood. That's why I don't shop bash anymore. I take the unanimous everybody does it and everybody fucks up. For 2 reasons, they do and they do. Nobody or shop is perfect. Does every shop have more than one car that has given them a black eye, yes. None of them can deny it. That's why the nut swinging cracks me up. If you like a shop and want to refer them then do so but you don't have to come into a thread and bash the shit out somebody. As a matter of fact I know it has been almost a decade since that shit happened between Gearheads and HPP but I honestly would like to apologize to Manny for my behavior back then. I was young at the time and just didn't know any better. I hope some of you take my advise and learn from past mistakes.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR281 (Post 74804)
It made what 8rw more than it made here? On E-85 instead of 93. To me thats no difference. You stated it was run on there dyno with E-85 on my tune. That would explain it not running right since I never got that far. I stopped when I realized there was still a problem. I didn't even finish tuning as I told the customer. I was more concerned with figuring out why it doesn't make the power it should.
Customer stated to me that the car ran great also when it was making 365rw the first time I tuned it. He also told me he beats everyone. That doesn't mean it's right.
Another example of how you can bend over to try to make something right but the customer just decides to go get another tune. Like that was the problem. Yet his car still make less than a stock car and now he is happy.

No, he gained 29rwhp 80rwtq.
So a stock 5.0 can run 7.70s with a 1.80 60ft? Maybe the numbers are not on yhe screen but track #s don't lie. Best it ever ran out of hpp was a 8.15
Only reason I speak is because the owner is a younger guy I grew up with. I sent him to you and to hear and see his car run got to me. That's when PMP came into play

BLK2012GT 09-17-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74810)
I have to say this shop bashing shit is old beyond belief. It's like it's starting all over again. For the younger guys you don't realize how real this shit can get. This is how these guys make a living. Steve can tell you how bad things got when Gearheads and HPP were going at it. I was there at the track when both shop and customers had to be separated by the cops. This does build major bad blood. That's why I don't shop bash anymore. I take the unanimous everybody does it and everybody fucks up. For 2 reasons, they do and they do. Nobody or shop is perfect. Does every shop have more than one car that has given them a black eye, yes. None of them can deny it. That's why the nut swinging cracks me up. If you like a shop and want to refer them then do so but you don't have to come into a thread and bash the shit out somebody. As a matter of fact I know it has been almost a decade since that shit happened between Gearheads and HPP but I honestly would like to apologize to Manny for my behavior back then. I was young at the time and just didn't know any better. I hope some of you take my advise and learn from past mistakes.

That's fine but I think the CUSTOMER who spent the money has the right to bash and complain about the shop and work that was done. It doesn't need to come down to a fight and all but shit still needs to be said.

Yagermeister 09-17-2014 07:24 PM

62nalide, if he has the boltons you mentioned he doesn't have a stock 5.0.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74796)
Ok if I'm so full of shit why did it run faster and mph more than what was done at HPP? I'm going to have to call Noah and question future business with him. If he did I'm full of shit. I took screen shots of this for reference.

You act like all the shops in Dallas are at war and don't talk to each other. They damn near all talk to each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been at one shop and another shop will call to see if they had a part or a question about something.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74814)
You act like all the shops in Dallas are at war and don't talk to each other. They damn near all talk to each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been at one shop and another shop will call to see if they had a part or a question about something.

Dude I know how this works. I am not new to this.
Thanks though.

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 74813)
62nalide, if he has the boltons you mentioned he doesn't have a stock 5.0.

Yes I know, he mentioned it made less power than 5.0
So I mentioned if a stock 5.0 can hit 7.70s what we did.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74812)
That's fine but I think the CUSTOMER who spent the money has the right to bash and complain about the shop and work that was done. It doesn't need to come down to a fight and all but shit still needs to be said.

Granted this is true to an extent. But when does that time expire. Do we have to hear the same fucking story for 10 years. I know I'm exaggerating but you get my point. Voice your opinion and then let it go. Trust me I could have a field day about Gearheads but what does it accomplish. The customers of theirs aren't leaving because of what I say and eventually you end up sounding like a dick and nobody will pay any attention to you. There is a fine line.

ShortBus 09-17-2014 07:30 PM

What's with all these "youngster" comments. Not really sure how age has any reverence with having an opinion about a shop that has done shit work to their car or close friends? TS is a joke. They never take any responsibility in they piss poor work.

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74815)
Dude I know how this works. I am not new to this.
Thanks though.

If you think those numbers are good then you are new to this. :favorites37:

ShortBus 09-17-2014 07:31 PM

The shit that has happened to Jeff lol he has a life time hall pass

blownaltered 09-17-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortBus (Post 74818)
What's with all these "youngster" comments. Not really sure how age has any reverence with having an opinion about a shop that has done shit work to their car or close friends? TS is a joke. They never take any responsibility in they piss poor work.

And how much woke was done on your car there?

62nalide 09-17-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74819)
If you think those numbers are good then you are new to this. :favorites37:

What numbers? Track or dyno?
The track numbers are there lol
Car has LT CAI Exhaust and E85 tune
7.70s is good for a car on 20s lol