Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Calling out any Mustang 650rw or less. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4011)

STROKD 04-21-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 70035)
My chick hates that I like cars. Hates me going to meets and hates that I race. I just say sorry and leave her at the house lol.

The pimp hand is strong with this one. I knew you seemed cool. Lmao
Guys that let chicks tell them what to do are sad. I just say Im going to such and such, you wanna go? I know she never does. When she does Im happy, but fuck if Im staying home miserable if I really want to go out and she doesnt. Thats why I bought her a baller ass tv. Haha

BERT 04-21-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 70069)
She loves it. But keep in mind she also daily drove a car with true duals, giant cam, converter, no OD, etc… in the past. So her level of "daily tolerance" is pretty similar to mine.

That's cause y'all are still young LOL

As long as it has a/c and heat I can daily it. A winter without heat makes for one long ass winter

STROKD 04-21-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 70069)
She loves it. But keep in mind she also daily drove a car with true duals, giant cam, converter, no OD, etc… in the past. So her level of "daily tolerance" is pretty similar to mine.

Exactly, plus she owned a fucken speed shop, so thats not normal chick stuff either. You are basically dating a poor Force daughter. Lol

Junkie 04-21-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 70073)
That's cause y'all are still young LOL

As long as it has a/c and heat I can daily it. A winter without heat makes for one long ass winter

She's older than most people that post on this site, so am I lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 70074)
Exactly, plus she owned a fucken speed shop, so thats not normal chick stuff either. You are basically dating a poor Force daughter. Lol

lol yes. I lucked into this one for sure!

Dominic Toretto 04-21-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 70064)
My girl daily drives a big cammed C5Z on sticky tires. Has also had a car faster than most on the board. I don't see cars becoming an issue lol

Somehow you just won the thread.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 04-21-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 70068)
What I found that works for me is getting her involved and don't alienate her completely from the hobby. If we just bail on them for car stuff all the time, it just won't work out. She goes with me to stuff on occasion, we go family cruising frequently, she knows I go to the Friday night meet almost every week so there is really no discussion about it unless I change something up. I also keep it reasonable time wise meaning I don't do anything that will take up the whole weekend where she is just stuck with the kids all the time. I get time for car stuff, she gets time to do stuff she wants to do.

Also, taking an interest in her hobbies taking part in it goes a long way as well. My wife really enjoys yardwork and home projects. I absolutely hated yardwork for many years, but came to appreciate it because it makes her happy and that is all that really matters.

Quoted for trufe.

-Alex

BERT 04-21-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 70076)
She's older than most people that post on this site, so am I lol

lol yes. I lucked into this one for sure!

Pretty sure both of y'all are younger than me. So I call y'all young people lol

Grandpa 04-21-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 70072)
The pimp hand is strong with this one. I knew you seemed cool. Lmao
Guys that let chicks tell them what to do are sad. I just say Im going to such and such, you wanna go? I know she never does. When she does Im happy, but fuck if Im staying home miserable if I really want to go out and she doesnt. Thats why I bought her a baller ass tv. Haha

This coming from the same guy who couldn't go anywhere cuz your life wouldn't let you drive the vette? lmao. Nice try, Matt.

Junkie 04-21-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 70085)
This coming from the same guy who couldn't go anywhere cuz your life wouldn't let you drive the vette? lmao. Nice try, Matt.

I was thinking the exact same thing lol!

5PointSlow 04-21-2014 12:34 PM

My wife supports my hobby, but I do run it by her when I am going to go out without her. Mostly my love for beer tends to keep me home more than she does lol

Dark Pony 04-21-2014 12:42 PM

I think putting my wife in a CTSV would be a good idea

Grandpa 04-21-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 70101)
I think putting my wife in a CTSV would be a good idea

:worthy:

rlhay2 04-21-2014 12:52 PM

If we can cover political views and child rearing, I think this thread will check all the boxes!

Grandpa 04-21-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 70106)
If we can cover political views and child rearing, I think this thread will check all the boxes!

Bush's shoe dodging > Hillary's shoe dodge.

Everyone should beat their kids!

Dominic Toretto 04-21-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 70109)
Everyone should beat their kids!

At Walmart.

-Alex