Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Problem w/ Dealership & valet taking your car out? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=794)

GunsUp 12-15-2012 09:39 PM

Anxiously awaiting Steve's arival...

pohnjarker 12-15-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 12580)

and here i thought i was the only one :naughty:

burtial 12-19-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 12526)

This is the first thing that flashed thru my thoughts....

46Tbird 12-19-2012 12:31 PM

If how they treated your car makes you mad, then don't take it there again and give them a terrible review with Ford.

Take it to Grapevine. Every time my car goes in for service, it comes back just like I left it. And they will clean it for FREE anytime I want, but they have the courtesy to ASK me if I want it washed or not when I drop it off.

I can't say enough about how well I've been treated by them. I recommend them to all of you.

Grandpa 12-19-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 12580)

I'd armbar the whole dealership!

04sleeper 12-19-2012 08:36 PM

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j.../armbarpm6.gif

aCid 12-20-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 12920)
I'd armbar the whole dealership!

Thought that joke was old.... :boxing:

Grandpa 12-20-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aCid (Post 13015)
Thought that joke was old.... :boxing:

It's very old. I just made it before someone else did. lol

blownaltered 12-20-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 13019)
It's very old. I just made it before someone else did. lol

Should they go to jail for 30 days for making old jokes. :poker:

Slow6 12-20-2012 10:30 AM

I Mykey my car for Valet and I will use the handheld at set the RPM limit at 2500 if going into the dealership if I have to leave it overnight. The Owner, GM, Service Manager, Sales Manger and most of the techs at my dealership are either family friends, which is why I get things so cheap, or good friends. I dont trust anyone to drive my car but a few buddies and Toby and Sean at TS. Im not to sure about Tims driving habbits. lol

DirtyD 12-20-2012 10:51 AM

I've considered the MyKey option before. But I don't want to limited myself to the settings of that key in case I lose my main key. I've thought about getting another to do just what you said, Slow6, but I honestly don't valet my cars much, at all. I think I do that with my truck ONCE in 8 years of owning it, 5 of which were here in DFW. Just not me. I'd rather park my car than someone else that's never driven it.

Slow6 12-20-2012 01:39 PM

You can change the MyKey settings in just a few minutes. I used to use it as a "Sandbagging Race Key" I could limit different setting and detune the car with just a key instead of breaking out the tuner at the track. Roadcourse not drag. I also use this alot when I let other people drive the car. I dont Valet my car much either but its nice to know when I do it is limited. You can use it for the dealership too.

GunsUp 12-21-2012 12:17 PM

Update***

Still haven't heard anything from the service department about the part coming in.

Have a feeling it won't be until after Christmas or possibly even New Years.

MnemonicGhost 12-23-2012 01:46 AM

I'm totally going to leave a voice activated recorder in my car when I take it in. Haven't even brought her in for her first oil change yet, but I know what kids will do if given the opportunity....

I myself used to work for a Firestone during college. I was low man on the totem pole and did all the tires, brakes and oil changes. But I did pride myself in perfect zeroed out balancing of all new and rotated tired I touched. New tires would include a quick trip around the block to ensure absolutely no vibration at higher speeds. I would sometimes speed, but never did I abuse a vehicle. I did get alot of loyal customers however.