Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   conceal carry locations in the s197 (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3229)

DirtyD 12-02-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.slow (Post 58011)
Yea been in this shit hole too long. I know there are weirdos out there but I'm not going to be scared every time I walk out of my house. You are a LEO right? You know what a safe place looks like and what a non safe place looks like right? You won't go into a place that looks sketchy when you are off duty... I'd hope unless you really are nuts. When I have my iotv, Kevlar helmet, 210 rounds and a m4 il walk anywhere especially if I got a buddy equally equipped. Outside of that if it looks sketchy I stay the hell away even if cops are around. You are not nuts for trying to have the upper hand.

It's not always a sketchy place, or situational awareness that can be seen. Sometimes you can be going about your daily habits, in what you see and deem a place to be situationally safe, and out of the blue, shit hits the fans and you have a gun pointed at you or see someone else with one pointed at them.

To me, concealed carrying isn't only about protecting myself and my family/loved ones, but also having the ability to protect other people who can't protect themselves. If I can be the difference between someone innocent dying or staying alive, I will gladly carry at all times.

03MachMe 12-02-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.slow (Post 58011)
Yea been in this shit hole too long. I know there are weirdos out there but I'm not going to be scared every time I walk out of my house. You are a LEO right? You know what a safe place looks like and what a non safe place looks like right? You won't go into a place that looks sketchy when you are off duty... I'd hope unless you really are nuts. When I have my iotv, Kevlar helmet, 210 rounds and a m4 il walk anywhere especially if I got a buddy equally equipped. Outside of that if it looks sketchy I stay the hell away even if cops are around. You are not nuts for trying to have the upper hand.

I also know bad stuff happens in "safe" places. I'm sure you like everyone else thought a movie theater was a "safe" place, or a school or a mall. Catch my drift.

DirtyD 12-02-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58014)
I also know bad stuff happens in "safe" places. I'm sure you like everyone else thought a movie theater was a "safe" place, or a school or a mall. Catch my drift.

No one would ever think about walking into a naval shop yard IN Washington DC to shoot and kill people. Way too safe of a place...

five.slow 12-02-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58014)

Yeah yeah I know but I'm still not gonna go Rambo.

five.slow 12-02-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 58016)
No one would ever think about walking into a naval shop yard IN Washington DC to shoot and kill people. Way too safe of a place...

And you think if you were the guy with the cc that you would have stopped him? Maybe so maybe no. It's a lot different when bullets come back at you... Ask me how I know. Dick head when I was down range stepped out of a house and started laying down lead right at me and 3 others. We had 1 249 gunner and the rest were m4s, not one of us got a shot off before dick head dropped his clip, reloaded and started back up. You don't just think ok I'm getting shot at now shoot back. You think get the fuck down or away then shoot back. Dick head didn't think that when we shot back and the 249 gunner cut the dude down.

You can be just as dangerous shooting at a bad guy. It's why cops don't just shoot back when they get shot at. Thru think about collateral damage.

Again defend yourself it's all good just don't act like everyone with a cc license is gonna be a hero. Lead singer from blues traveler use to have a cc until he got pulled over with shit ton of high power full auto weapons in his vehicle claiming he was getting ready for the end of all days.

DirtyD 12-02-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.slow (Post 58021)
And you think if you were the guy with the cc that you would have stopped him? Maybe so maybe no. It's a lot different when bullets come back at you... Ask me how I know. Dick head when I was down range stepped out of a house and started laying down lead right at me and 3 others. We had 1 249 gunner and the rest were m4s, not one of us got a shot off before dick head dropped his clip, reloaded and started back up. You don't just think ok I'm getting shot at now shoot back. You think get the fuck down or away then shoot back. Dick head didn't think that when we shot back and the 249 gunner cut the dude down.

You can be just as dangerous shooting at a bad guy. It's why cops don't just shoot back when they get shot at. Thru think about collateral damage.

Again defend yourself it's all good just don't act like everyone with a cc license is gonna be a hero. Lead singer from blues traveler use to have a cc until he got pulled over with shit ton of high power full auto weapons in his vehicle claiming he was getting ready for the end of all days.

I was just basically quoting you showing that even "safe" places, of which people are constantly aware of their surrounding can still turn into a shit storm before you realize it.

Who would have ever thought that Fort Hood would've had a massing shooting occur there. It's a fucking military post for God's sake.

five.slow 12-02-2013 12:57 PM

conceal carry locations in the s197

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 58032)
I was just basically quoting you showing that even "safe" places, of which people are constantly aware of their surrounding can still turn into a shit storm before you realize it.

Who would have ever thought that Fort Hood would've had a massing shooting occur there. It's a fucking military post for God's sake.

its all good. yea i was in Kuwait about to come back and my flight got pushed back a day b/c of that. we didn't know what was going on and didn't find out till we landed at hood. my company was literally right across the street. my brother in law was working next door and didn't hear shit and all of a sudden mps dressed up like swap busted in and shuttled them out. The new SRP building has body scanners now.

SMERF 12-02-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 58012)
I keep mine within arms reach at all times loaded and ready to fire.

I used to not but I had an incident in San Antonio that made it a little more important to me.

Same here, in both San Antonio and Dallas I have had my vehicles broken into and homes broken into. Criminals don't break into homes in the hood cus they most likely have nothing. They go to the nice areas where there's plenty of shit to take. I have friends who keep their cars unlocked thinking, "It won't happen to me". Then they're pissed cus all their shit is gone the next day. I've witnessed it firsthand, and if I can do something to prevent it from happening again I will.

Dominic Toretto 12-02-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMERF (Post 58067)
I have friends who keep their cars unlocked thinking, "It won't happen to me".

Get smarter friends. No matter if you live in Southlake or Stop 6 I would always lock my car.

-Alex

SMERF 12-02-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58070)
Get smarter friends. No matter if you live in Southlake or Stop 6 I would always lock my car.

-Alex

Yea dude I chewed em out pretty bad. They lived in the nicest gated area in S.A. and I guess didn't feel the need to......... 5.0 black Stang w gps etc in it got everything but the car stolen. Some learn the hard way

DirtyD 12-02-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMERF (Post 58073)
Yea dude I chewed em out pretty bad. They lived in the nicest gated area in S.A. and I guess didn't feel the need to......... 5.0 black Stang w gps etc in it got everything but the car stolen. Some learn the hard way

First smart move is to move out of and away from SA. :lol:

five.slow 12-02-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58070)

-Alex

Almost don't wanna lock my car. I'd rather them steal my radio vs bust out my window and then steal my radio... But then again who the hell wants a stock radio? I don't leave stuff in my car so if someone breaks into it they might as well just steal the car.

Oxford14Stang 12-02-2013 03:22 PM

Okay I lost interest in this conversation. Five.slow you obviously have your own opinion vs the majority of us in here and your sticking to your beliefs. More power to you man, and I mean no disrespect or trying to start shit. To each their own and I hope your never at that same stop sign that you hit every day and some person goes bananas and puts you in a situation where you wished you had your gun on you but didn't because that stop sign has always been a "safe" location and it is because by all means you wouldn't put yourself in a bad location. ... you know what its pointless. I'm done.

Dominic Toretto 12-02-2013 04:13 PM

I will say, I wish I could buy a gun legally but, I can't so meh. Good buddy of mine just got an SKS for $400.

-Alex

five.slow 12-02-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang (Post 58084)
Okay I lost interest in this conversation. Five.slow you obviously have your own opinion vs the majority of us in here and your sticking to your beliefs. More power to you man, and I mean no disrespect or trying to start shit. To each their own and I hope your never at that same stop sign that you hit every day and some person goes bananas and puts you in a situation where you wished you had your gun on you but didn't because that stop sign has always been a "safe" location and it is because by all means you wouldn't put yourself in a bad location. ... you know what its pointless. I'm done.

I'm not trying to argue. You have your beliefs and I respect them. Hopefully no harm no foul. Do what you gotta do boss.

SMERF 12-02-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 58077)
First smart move is to move out of and away from SA. :lol:

You'd be surprised man. To me, Dallas has a higher crime rate but has better financial opportunity.

DirtyD 12-02-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMERF (Post 58102)
You'd be surprised man. To me, Dallas has a higher crime rate but has better financial opportunity.

That's why I live in Fort Worth. I only go to Dallas when I have to.

03MachMe 12-02-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 58114)
That's why I live in Fort Worth. I only go to Dallas when I have to.

Fort Worth is just as bad sorry to tell ya lol

DirtyD 12-02-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58119)

Depending where you are. It definitely has it's areas.

03MachMe 12-02-2013 09:21 PM

Same goes for Dallas

five.slow 12-02-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 58119)

ROSE DALE!!!! lol

blownaltered 12-03-2013 12:30 AM

I carry daily but then again I'm a little chicken shit, so I have too. I'm to scared to walk out my door without it anymore, damn I wish I was a real man like you five.slow
Your my hero. Do you teach classes on being a real man or is it not something you can't teach?

five.slow 12-03-2013 04:12 AM

conceal carry locations in the s197

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 58139)
I carry daily but then again I'm a little chicken shit, so I have too. I'm to scared to walk out my door without it anymore, damn I wish I was a real man like you five.slow
Your my hero. Do you teach classes on being a real man or is it not something you can't teach?

Lol

Dominic Toretto 12-03-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

:rofl:

-Alex

Grandpa 12-03-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

0-400, just sayin...

blownaltered 12-03-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 58157)
0-400, just sayin...

That is why I carry a gun, you wrecked my self confidence. I shake every time I hear the word ARMBAR, I'm in therapy 3 days a week. I'm starting to get my self esteem back. I find hitting the wife and kids makes me feel better.

Grandpa 12-03-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 58163)
That is why I carry a gun, you wrecked my self confidence. I shake every time I hear the word ARMBAR, I'm in therapy 3 days a week. I'm starting to get my self esteem back. I find hitting the wife and kids makes me feel better.

Nah, I think getting tapped by 16 year old giants and a skinny rubber guy is what did that.. lol

blownaltered 12-03-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 58168)
Nah, I think getting tapped by 16 year old giants and a skinny rubber guy is what did that.. lol

Hold on now I never once got tapped by a 16 year old giant. Now I will admit to the rubber guy though.

BERT 12-03-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 58173)
Hold on now I never once got tapped by a 16 year old giant. Now I will admit to the rubber guy though.

Is this code for some kind of sex thing?

Grandpa 12-03-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 58178)
Is this code for some kind of sex thing?

BERT 12-03-2013 01:33 PM

Yes I am :D

SMERF 12-03-2013 02:22 PM

You guys train ? I've been trying to find a good gym around my area (Lewisville - Plano). Used to train at BTT San Antonio and Star Jiu Jitsu in Carrollton before I moved

Grandpa 12-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 58173)

LOL, I always got enjoyment watching you get charged up and competitive. Funny stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMERF (Post 58206)
You guys train ? I've been trying to find a good gym around my area (Lewisville - Plano). Used to train at BTT San Antonio and Star Jiu Jitsu in Carrollton before I moved

Nah. I just watch too much Ultimate Fighter and Bruce Lee movies. I can work the hell out of the Styrofoam nunchucks though!

blownaltered 12-03-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 58208)
LOL, I always got enjoyment watching you get charged up and competitive. Funny stuff.

Nah. I just watch too much Ultimate Fighter and Bruce Lee movies. I can work the hell out of the Styrofoam nunchucks though!

While you wear a Tapout shirt.

Grandpa 12-03-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 58215)
While you wear a Tapout shirt.

$200 Affliction shirt, get it right.

Dominic Toretto 12-03-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 58216)
$200 Affliction shirt, get it right.

Beginning to see why your post count is so high lol.

-Alex

BERT 12-03-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58219)

-Alex

Because he likes to hear himself talk

Grandpa 12-03-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58219)

-Alex

If you dorks added all your posts on FB to here it would be about the same or more. I can stop posting if you like and then the board would really die off. haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 58225)
Because he likes to hear himself talk

Dominic Toretto 12-03-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 58231)
If you dorks added all your posts on FB to here it would be about the same or more. I can stop posting if you like and then the board would really die off. haha.

I don't have a facebook... or twitter. In yo face son.

-Alex

Grandpa 12-03-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58234)
I don't have a facebook... or twitter. In yo face son.

-Alex

I was being facetious. You are correct in your statement, I spend too much time on here. Haha.