Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Calling out any Mustang 650rw or less. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4011)

Junkie 04-17-2014 12:20 PM

I'm at that track at least once a month.

BERT 04-17-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69725)
I'm at that track at least once a month.

I was at the track more than that back when Hallsville was open. I miss that track, damn thing hooked

BERT 04-17-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69714)
I don't even know you, or know what you drive.

But I bet I beat the fucking brakes off of it. Street, track, road course.

no fucks given

Yeah but considering what your "slow" car is, that's not much of a stretch.

STROKD 04-17-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 69768)
Yeah but considering what your "slow" car is, that's not much of a stretch.

His 37 Ford would damn near keep up! :Big Laugh:

Grandpa 04-17-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 69776)
His 37 Ford would damn near keep up! :Big Laugh:

Have you seen Bert's car? If Bert even dreamed about beating Will's 37 when he woke up he should apologize! :Big Laugh:

STROKD 04-17-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69777)
Have you seen Bert's car? If Bert even dreamed about beating Will's 37 when he woke up he should apologize! :Big Laugh:

Haha I was more meaning the 37 vs Danner, since that is who was argueing.

BERT 04-17-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69777)

Hey, motherfucker, when's y'alls next poker game? :D

Grandpa 04-17-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 69779)

You were paying attention to that? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 69783)
Hey, motherfucker, when's y'alls next poker game? :D

You aren't invited, asshole. All their moniez are mine!!! :Big Laugh:

BERT 04-17-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 69779)

Steve is slow and has a hard time paying attention to what is going on

BERT 04-17-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69784)
You were paying attention to that? lol

You aren't invited, asshole. All their moniez are mine!!! :Big Laugh:

chicken shit lol

re-rx7 04-17-2014 05:54 PM

Building a race car that's also your daily is a bad idea. Wait vettes break at the drag strip? But but but its a vette? Like I said the mustangs and camaros are drag cars. The new stang weighs the same as a new vette so it should be interesting when you start making power through those.

Zeek 04-17-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 69788)
Building a race car that's also your daily is a bad idea. Wait vettes break at the drag strip? But but but its a vette? Like I said the mustangs and camaros are drag cars. The new stang weighs the same as a new vette so it should be interesting when you start making power through those.

New stang also has IRS so it will probably have the same problems as the vette.

re-rx7 04-17-2014 07:53 PM

That is purely speculative.

TwoQuack 04-17-2014 08:08 PM

Want to have a blast racing, meet me at an HPDE. I was out blowing doors off GTRs, Posrches and M3s. The next www.thedriversedge.net signup is Monday. Come out and race me there.

IMO drag racing is for wannabes. Just like some kid who buys a sport bike. Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line.

Junkie 04-17-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoQuack (Post 69796)
Want to have a blast racing, meet me at an HPDE. I was out blowing doors off GTRs, Posrches and M3s. The next www.thedriversedge.net signup is Monday. Come out and race me there.

IMO drag racing is for wannabes. Just like some kid who buys a sport bike. Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line.

You would know this from experience? How fast have you gone at any drag strip?

Before you ask, yes I've done drivers edge events. Great organization and group of people.

But people that talk like you, is why mostly everyone thinks road race guys are elitist faggots.

rlhay2 04-17-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Now you have my attention!

TwoQuack 04-17-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69798)
You would know this from experience? How fast have you gone at any drag strip?

But people that talk like you, is why mostly everyone thinks road race guys are elitist faggots.

Ever ran from a cop? Chased someone down? Road raced to your house? I've done all of them. Including getting busted at the end of my run from the cops by the FW Helicopter with infrared cam.

They're useful skills and IMO much more practical than straight line. If someone thinks this makes me an elitist faggot, then said person is free to "suck it."

rlhay2 04-17-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Humor me, post your lap times:
ECR
Hallett
No Problem Raceway
MSR-C
MSR-H
TWS
Gulfsport Speedway
Harris Hill

Junkie 04-17-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoQuack (Post 69801)
Ever ran from a cop? Chased someone down? Road raced to your house? I've done all of them. Including getting busted at the end of my run from the cops by the FW Helicopter with infrared cam.

They're useful skills and IMO much more practical than straight line. If someone thinks this makes me an elitist faggot, then said person is free to "suck it."

Actually yes, I've done all of that.

Like I said, how fast have you been in a real drag race? 60? 330? etc…

I would assume its really fucking fast, since you're an expert and its so easy.

yes. This is me calling you the typical road racing, know it all, elitist faggot. Guys with your attitude. Making road racing a bad experience.

kdanner 04-17-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69703)
Plus there is that whole thing with a stock Vette rearend on a sticky surface that known to BOOM under stock power let alone bolt on power.

Well you said it, stock rear end. I don't use a stock rear end, don't know why anyone would expect to. No reason to add power to a car and then not be able to actually use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 69709)
needs the car driveable, not living at the shop

So fix it. I know guys with Corvettes certainly way quicker than he is and they aren't breaking rear ends and are at the track all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69711)
usually horrible tracks conditions

Most tracks in TX works really well. I bet I could find multiple reasons in your tire and suspension choices why you have problems.

Quote:

I don't even know you, or know what you drive.

no fucks given

You can have a shot too if you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69798)

This. Also these self proclaimed "road racers" usually don't even race, they mostly drive around cones in parking lots, or when they get on an actual circuit it's some track day with all kinds of rules about when you can pass or not, there is no racing going on. They damn sure don't run at things like Big Bend either, now that's getting after it on a road.

Zeek 04-17-2014 09:34 PM

Junkie<------his name is will. He'sbeen there done that. Don't fuck with him
Nuff said

downtime! 04-17-2014 09:37 PM

Generally speaking, I usually side with the Stang guys on here, but Will's slow car is literally faster than the fastest car on this board. KDanner, I'm with you most of the time, but if Junkie takes you up on your offer, better hope he doesn't bring the Supra, let alone the V.

re-rx7 04-17-2014 09:39 PM

Will slow car is a zr1. It depends on where said races go down. Track, street ect. There is always someone faster.

TwoQuack 04-17-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69803)
yes. This is me calling you the typical road racing, know it all, elitist faggot. Guys with your attitude. Making road racing a bad experience.

If my invite for guys here to join me at a track day offends you to the point of calling me an elitist faggot, then you, sir, are the one with the issue.

It's attitudes like yours that make otherwise positive informational forums immature name calling forums.

Stangmaster281 04-17-2014 09:58 PM

If we race to 100 and you give me a head start that's about as long as an airstrip I'll run you.:jester: 2v ain't scared of no vette.

Zeek 04-17-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 69810)
Will slow car is a zr1. It depends on where said races go down. Track, street ect. There is always someone faster.

And that someone whos faster is Will.

re-rx7 04-17-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 69819)
And that someone whos faster is Will.

You need a saddle for that dick riding? I'm not saying will doesn't have fast shit. It's what he is known for around here. I'm saying there is always someone even faster.

Crimson600+HP 04-17-2014 10:17 PM

This isn't targeted at anyone here, but this is all I can think of now when I look at this thread.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/45439316.jpg

Slow Five-O 04-17-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoQuack (Post 69801)

Lmfao. You already sounded like a moron how is this post supposed to help your case?

downtime! 04-17-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 69810)

But his fast cars are a Supra that I believe went 9's (been a while since I remember seeing it out) and the new twins on the V making 4 digit horsepower. The point is, mid 10's aren't really going to scare him off from the race.

Grandpa 04-17-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 69806)
Well you said it, stock rear end. I don't use a stock rear end, don't know why anyone would expect to. No reason to add power to a car and then not be able to actually use it.

So fix it. I know guys with Corvettes certainly way quicker than he is and they aren't breaking rear ends and are at the track all the time.

Most tracks in TX works really well. I bet I could find multiple reasons in your tire and suspension choices why you have problems.

You can have a shot too if you want.

This. Also these self proclaimed "road racers" usually don't even race, they mostly drive around cones in parking lots, or when they get on an actual circuit it's some track day with all kinds of rules about when you can pass or not, there is no racing going on. They damn sure don't run at things like Big Bend either, now that's getting after it on a road.

Lol. You're a real riot!

Grandpa 04-17-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 69829)
But his fast cars are a Supra that I believe went 9's (been a while since I remember seeing it out) and the new twins on the V making 4 digit horsepower. The point is, mid 10's aren't really going to scare him off from the race.

Lol, yeah you're a lil out of the loop with that old info. Hahahaha

downtime! 04-18-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 69831)
Lol, yeah you're a lil out of the loop with that old info. Hahahaha

Does he even still have the Toyota? LOL!

Like I said, usually I side with the Stang guys on these things since it's usually some clueless jackwad calling them out, but when it comes to Will, those of us that have been around a while know he has some fairly serious toys.

Junkie 04-18-2014 10:40 AM

Yes sir I do. It went 5.61@137 in the 1/8th, with a 6spd

Since drag racing is so easy, I'm sure our road racing friend has been much faster though.

Midnight11 04-18-2014 10:59 AM

I call Steve out so we can start a new rivalry lol

BERT 04-18-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

I don't know what to say about this, I'm damn near speechless

Junkie 04-18-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 69864)
I don't know what to say about this, I'm damn near speechless

His attitude is the main reason why I never enjoyed going road racing with a few friends of mine. It seems the general opinion from most of the people in the pitts is that they are better drivers than everyone else on the planet. The only kind of real racing is the kind they do. Everything else is easy, blah blah

I've never met a group of people like that before. I respect every type of racing, even fucking drifting. Is it my thing, no. But road race guys aren't like that. They like to talk about how easy everything else is, of course without any real experience to back it up.

This guy just outlines the attitude of a faggoty road racer that hasn't experienced most other types of motorsports.

BERT 04-18-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 69868)
His attitude is the main reason why I never enjoyed going road racing with a few friends of mine. It seems the general opinion from most of the people in the pitts is that they are better drivers than everyone else on the planet. The only kind of real racing is the kind they do. Everything else is easy, blah blah

I've never met a group of people like that before. I respect every type of racing, even fucking drifting. Is it my thing, no. But road race guys aren't like that. They like to talk about how easy everything else is, of course without any real experience to back it up.

This guy just outlines the attitude of a faggoty road racer that hasn't experienced most other types of motorsports.

Bet they do crossfit too

Klownz 04-18-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

:manos:

Grandpa 04-18-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 69863)
I call Steve out so we can start a new rivalry lol

Lol. Bring it pretty boy.