Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Procharger on Coyote? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=438)

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6272)
Nitrous you have to constantly monitor bottle pressure and temps, how much juice in the bottle, there is no feathering juice, it's either on or off and juice runs out.

Boost is always on tap, ready to go.

Eventually you will swap to boost when you get tired of getting drug by boosted cars and dealing with the complications of having a bottled street car. Mark my words. ;)

Shiiiiiiiiittttt I will never get rid of the nitrous. But I will get a blower or turbo.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6277)
Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.

You can switch it later down the road and probably sell your Procharger for a fair price to someone. Just enjoy it for awhile cuz I know you are going to have a blast with that thing! :)

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6278)
Shiiiiiiiiittttt I will never get rid of the nitrous. But I will get a blower or turbo.

Now that is a solid idea. Will (Junkie) always runs boosted setups assisted by nitrous and his cars are always insanely fast. His CTS-V is downright nasty!

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6279)
You can switch it later down the road and probably sell your Procharger for a fair price to someone. Just enjoy it for awhile cuz I know you are going to have a blast with that thing! :)

My goal it to have 800hp by this time next year so I guess next is a built motor and more bewst.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6284)
My goal it to have 800hp by this time next year so I guess next is a built motor and more bewst.

That might be doable with a D1, but you will most likely be overspinning the shit out of it. lol.

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6277)
Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.

Yeah that's the only bad part about Turbos. Money and Maintenance. Which hopefully by the time I'm ready for that amount of power in this car I'll have plenty of $ to not care about either.

Steve, from some of the research I've done it seems like the paxton systems are making the best power for a centri. I'd still go bottle/tvs or whipple/turbo.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6294)
Yeah that's the only bad part about Turbos. Money and Maintenance. Which hopefully by the time I'm ready for that amount of power in this car I'll have plenty of $ to not care about either.

Steve, from some of the research I've done it seems like the paxton systems are making the best power for a centri. I'd still go bottle/tvs or whipple/turbo.

Paxton's certainly have the most potential for growth later down the road if a built motor, full fuel system etc. are in order.

As we discussed before, after that last car, I know exactly what I want right now and what will work best for me. The last thing I want right now is an insane high horsepower with race car like problems.

Simple blower bolt on power will be more than enough to have fun with cruising around with little bursts here and there and be dependable. 600rw will be alot fun to cruise around. lol.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6306)
Paxton's certainly have the most potential for growth later down the road if a built motor, full fuel system etc. are in order.

As we discussed before, after that last car, I know exactly what I want right now and what will work best for me. The last thing I want right now is an insane high horsepower with race car like problems.

Simple blower bolt on power will be more than enough to have fun with cruising around with little bursts here and there and be dependable. 600rw will be alot fun to cruise around. lol.

LOL you talk about 600 rwhp and you haven't even changed out your stock exhaust yet.:win:

Midnight11 10-02-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6307)
LOL you talk about 600 rwhp and you haven't even changed out your stock exhaust yet.:win:

bahaha this just made me bust out laughing

TrueStreetTim 10-02-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6286)
That might be doable with a D1, but you will most likely be overspinning the shit out of it. lol.

Procharger states the D1 makes 925+ chp. Overspinning the D1, their making 900+ to the ground. The D1 is definitely capable of 800whp and still remain within its designed impeller speed.

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 03:40 PM

Throw a bottle on that B and call it a day.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6307)

Well, I guess I could have just run out and bought the first busted, played out wheels I could buy in order just to throw parts at my car like you did...

I just did some nice wheels, tires and suspension. I was asked to chill on my car until Christmas so family actually had some ideas to buy me for Christmas rather than buying everything leaving them out of it. lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 6313)
Procharger states the D1 makes 925+ chp. Over-spinning the D1, their making 900+ to the ground. The D1 is definitely capable of 800whp and still remain within its designed impeller speed.

Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it. Procharger over the years has been a lil notorious for their overzealous claims of power. Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

I had my Vortech 7 years and never had a single problem with it. Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself. Granted, this was several years ago and Procharger quality could be greatly improved by now which was the reason for me starting this thread if anyone had some first hand experience with new units on the Coyote motor.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6316)
Well, I guess I could have just run out and bought the first busted, played out wheels I could buy in order just to throw parts at my car like you did...

I just did some nice wheels, tires and suspension. I was asked to chill on my car until Christmas so family actually had some ideas to buy me for Christmas rather than buying everything leaving them out of it. lol.

Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it. Procharger over the years has been a lil notorious for their overzealous claims of power. Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

I had my Vortech 7 years and never had a single problem with it. Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself. Granted, this was several years ago and Procharger quality could be greatly improved by now which was the reason for me starting this thread if anyone had some first hand experience with new units on the Coyote motor.

Don't care about what my wheels look like cause you will only see the rear tires cause of my go fast goodies.

Midnight11 10-02-2012 03:49 PM

^boom

Grandpa 10-02-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6318)
Don't care about what my wheels look like cause you will only see the rear tires cause of my go fast goodies.

You have to be fast when your car is that ugly, you don't want to be seen in it! lol. :win:

I'm okay being slow, because I look good doing it. :D

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6316)
Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself.

Shit I don't want it anymore now, gonna order an electric supercharger off of ebay instead.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6322)
You have to be fast when your car is that ugly, you don't want to be seen in it! lol. :win:

I'm okay being slow, because I look good doing it. :D

Yeah I know my car isn't ugly. Hell it won that car show at five star ford in plano.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6325)
Shit I don't want it anymore now, gonna order an electric supercharger off of ebay instead.

I'm not doggin your build bro. The purpose of the thread was to get more current info on the Procharger systems. My experience with them hasn't been totally positive in the past, but everyone improves with time, well usually. lol.

I'm open to anything, I just like to do my research on anything I do before doing it.

From past experience, what usually happened is the Procharger didn't make the initial power as advertised just bolting on in stock form. You call back to tech to find out what's up, they start pushing add on sales with more pullies, more boost. You're already in $5k deep, might as well try to pulley it up, right? Then it ends up overspinning it, more heat and blowing out the seals in the headunit. A certain P1SC completely ate itself, broke the impellar and pieces blew back into the motor causing a complete failure. Very, very expensive mistake. Ouch..

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:04 PM

I think you were doggin his build. :smiley-face-popcorn

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6329)
I think you were doggin his build. :smiley-face-popcorn

Quit stirrin the pot. I think you are confused which board you are on.. lol.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6330)
Quit stirrin the pot. I think you are confused which board you are on.. lol.

Don't know whatcha talkin about:)

TrueStreetTim 10-02-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it.
I agree! That's what we're here for :High 5:

Quote:

Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.
FYI folks, overspinning takes place when the impeller speed is driven beyond it's original design and is no longer within it's efficiency. Not to be confused with the term "out of blower" (which is @100%). We have no plans to "overspin" (beyond 100%) the D1, my friend, and we'll get what we get when the time comes. Your absolutely correct that overspinning is a bad idea for longevity!

Midnight11 10-02-2012 04:12 PM

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 6333)

That's what my car is going to do with cams.:win:

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 6333)

He ended up upgrading to an F1 and an aluminator I believe, badass setup though similar to mine minus the A/W intercooler. I'm not trying to run 9s though, I just want to be able to run from the police.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:19 PM

For the record, this thread was NOT about David's car or questioning TS's integrity. I recently had a conversation on the phone with Clint disucussing applications and he mentioned the shop is also a Procharger dealer in addition to KenneBell. I hadn't heard anything recently about Procharger on our cars, so I thought I would ask here. That's kinda the point of places like, right? :)

I had a Vortech'd 93 Cobra on a stock block making over 500rw for many years. Everyone will tell you it's a ticking time bomb anything over 500rw on the stock block. I know how to make a car live a long time, it's all in the tune and treating it right. Overspinning is a very common mistake with centri cars because RPM is what makes boost, so naturally people tend to rev the shit out of them. The key is having the car run with how you intend to drive it, within it's efficiency range.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6337)
For the record, this thread was NOT about David's car or questioning TS's integrity. I recently had a conversation on the phone with Clint disucussing applications and he mentioned the shop is also a Procharger dealer in addition to KenneBell. I hadn't heard anything recently about Procharger on our cars, so I thought I would ask here. That's kinda the point of places like, right? :)

I had a Vortech'd 93 Cobra on a stock block making over 500rw for many years. Everyone will tell you it's a ticking time bomb anything over 500rw on the stock block. I know how to make a car live a long time, it's all in the tune and treating it right. Overspinning is a very common mistake with centri cars because RPM is what makes boost, so naturally people tend to rev the shit out of them. The key is having the car run with how you intend to drive it, within it's efficiency range.

BUUUULLLLLLLSSSSHHHHIIIITTTT:smiley-face-popcorn

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6336)
He ended up upgrading to an F1 and an aluminator I believe, badass setup though similar to mine minus the A/W intercooler. I'm not trying to run 9s though, I just want to be able to run from the police.

Your car is also a six speed. Boost will drop off on each shift momentarily.

140mph is phuckin movin!

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 04:27 PM

Steve's car has springs? I just thought he sat it in and it sqashed the regular springs?

http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d4bacacf_rimshot.png

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?...shot&play=true

:smiley-face-popcorn

TrueStreetTim 10-02-2012 04:28 PM

Beaut! An auto too.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6338)
BUUUULLLLLLLSSSSHHHHIIIITTTT:smiley-face-popcorn

Feel free to ask Clint if we talked on the phone about it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6340)
Steve's car has springs? I just thought he sat it in and it sqashed the regular springs?

http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d4bacacf_rimshot.png

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?...shot&play=true

:smiley-face-popcorn

Pipe down Rosie O'Donnell.

TrueStreetTim 10-02-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

For the record, this thread was NOT about David's car or questioning TS's integrity. I recently had a conversation on the phone with Clint disucussing applications and he mentioned the shop is also a Procharger dealer in addition to KenneBell. I hadn't heard anything recently about Procharger on our cars, so I thought I would ask here. That's kinda the point of places like, right?
No record needed, Stevie! I never once took anything wrong (if you thought so). Solid questions and solid thread! I hoped to be as informative as I could in answering them while bringing other facts to light!

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 6343)
No record needed, Stevie! I never once took anything wrong (if you thought so). Solid questions and solid thread! I hoped to be as informative as I could in answering them while bringing other facts to light!

LMAO Stevie. Yup that's what I'm going to call him from now on.:favorites37:

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 04:34 PM

"Bitches got jokes" -Stormtrooper

This thread got funny, I like the chaos.

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6345)
"Bitches got jokes" -Stormtrooper

This thread got funny, I like the chaos.

Nick started it.

TrueStreetTim 10-02-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6344)

lol oops. Not my intent! Sorry, Stevie...shit... Steve! :boxed:

Now back OT lol!

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6344)

Ok, Jeffery. lol

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6348)
Ok, Jeffery. lol

Hey!!! If you're going to say it at least spell it right

Grandpa 10-02-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 6347)
lol oops. Not my intent! Sorry, Stevie...shit... Steve! :boxed:

You've been guaranteed an armbar now...

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 04:46 PM

AHhh crap. We already turned into the other site. lol