Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nov 23rd - Dyno Day for Toys for Tots (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4720)

BLK2012GT 11-21-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76280)
It's like that with every shop. There are cars at gearheads that are from HPP and the customer wasn't happy. Jeff's car went to HPP from TS because he wasn't happy. Foof took his car from HPP to TS because he wasn't happy. Most of Gearheads customers go everywhere else because they aren't happy. It's how it works, I have been watching this cycle for over a decade. You guys think this is something new, but its not. There becomes a point were you just have to live with it and move on.

I've been doing this '97 so I know how it is too. So don't think you're the only old schooler here. I remember when it was lone star performance, USA motorsports, and Dallas mustang where the big 3 mustang shops.

STROKD 11-21-2014 07:20 PM

Ive had good luck with HPP, True ST, 21st, and Brooks when he was open... only shop I hate is DMP because the owner is a mother fucken asshole. I hope he gets run over by a bus some day.

62nalide 11-21-2014 07:31 PM

Damn this is the 4th forum I see hate for TS lol

Grandpa 11-21-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 76341)

Its probably the same people too. Lol. The haters arent affecting anything at TS. They are busier than ever and just moved to an even bigger shop. So all of the nonsense is for nothing.

NAVAG 11-22-2014 01:38 AM

Old School:

My first mod was flipping the lid of my air cleaner upside down. First work I did on a mustang was helping a friend install a 4 barrel carburetor. All we had was our dads tools, a case of beer and very little direction. We didn't have a performance shop per-say. Couldn't tell how much HP we actually had either.

I had to take a 20 year hiatus from car stuff to raise a family so I'm new to all the performance shop hoopla so I really don't understand all the 'Brand Loyalty' and all the bickering about which shop blows less engines.

I understand that the parts, labor, and engine are super expensive but that's all part of the risk/reward. The one question that I have is this: Do these shops make you sign a waiver or a release before these big jobs that free them from any liability? If not, then why aren't they getting sued when they fuck up?

I, personally, wouldn't take that much of a risk with my car. I know folks that do. I got a co-worker that sinks more money in his corvette than my car is worth and he is tight with almost all the DFW shops but from what I understand from him is that he is taking all the risk whether his shit blows up on the track or on the dyno.

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.

BERT 11-22-2014 07:37 PM

Looks like I'll be there

TEK302 11-23-2014 12:00 AM

i will be there with wife and son, to get a baseline and run with aed tune to see difference

TEK302 11-23-2014 01:38 PM

395rwhp and 351rwtq

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEK302 (Post 76363)
395rwhp and 351rwtq

That's with a tune?

TEK302 11-23-2014 04:52 PM

Yeah everything else stock

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEK302 (Post 76365)
Yeah everything else stock

Hmmmm I would had expected a bit more. But it could be a conservative tune.

TEK302 11-23-2014 05:31 PM

yeah? figured that was about on par.

STROKD 11-23-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVAG (Post 76349)

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.

Unless you are buying a pile of shit classic, any decent muscle car is going to cost wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over 10-20 k... my dad has a clean road runner with no floor rust and we have been told to paint it correctly is 15-18 grand. thats just paint! Rims suspension brakes motor upgrades interior work yadayada makes it a 50-80 k project in a hurry. New cars are so much easier to go fast in.

JDMLOL 11-23-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 76341)

Being a part of this forum has yielded me some good deals, in my opinion, as far as parts and service for my car. Such as LMR, Hypermotive, and AM discounts, group buy's, getting good deals on installs from techs that do side jobs, etc. However, my first and only experience with TS was less than satisfactory. For an establishment that apparently pushed more than 50 MGW shifter installs at the time, they delivered me a car that would not shift into 1st or 2nd gear after driving 1.5 hours and spending well over $500 on the shifter and install. They essentially said sorry and to bring it back another time after they spoke with the manufacturer. After a little google searching I found out that the solution was simply adjusting a set screw for the reverse lockout, something I would figure a shop experienced with the product would know. I ended up tearing out a portion of the console myself and correcting the issue. Took maybe 30 minutes. They made no attempt to compensate me for the frustration.

BERT 11-23-2014 06:10 PM

450hp 472tq

Unless y'all want to believe the first pull of 496hp :D

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 76369)
Being a part of this forum has yielded me some good deals, in my opinion, as far as parts and service for my car. Such as LMR, Hypermotive, and AM discounts, group buy's, getting good deals on installs from techs that do side jobs, etc. However, my first and only experience with TS was less than satisfactory. For an establishment that apparently pushed more than 50 MGW shifter installs at the time, they delivered me a car that would not shift into 1st or 2nd gear after driving 1.5 hours and spending well over $500 on the shifter and install. They essentially said sorry and to bring it back another time after they spoke with the manufacturer. After a little google searching I found out that the solution was simply adjusting a set screw for the reverse lockout, something I would figure a shop experienced with the product would know. I ended up tearing out a portion of the console myself and correcting the issue. Took maybe 30 minutes. They made no attempt to compensate me for the frustration.

I remember that I was up there. But yet they're a professional performance shop. Smh

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 76370)
450hp 472tq

What a turd..........:chewie:

my95z28 11-23-2014 08:23 PM

Any interest taking pypes axleback for partial trade?

Grandpa 11-23-2014 09:42 PM

Wow..today was a such a failure. Beautiful weather, tons of people and cool cars. All that shop bashing has clearly had an impact!! Lmao

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76375)
Wow..today was a such a failure. Beautiful weather, tons of people and cool cars. All that shop bashing has clearly had an impact!! Lmao

Who said it was going to be a failure. Like I said I think you don't read shit and just read what's in your mind. I'm sure there were so many dfw5.0 members there.

blownaltered 11-23-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76376)
Who said it was going to be a failure. Like I said I think you don't read shit and just read what's in your mind. I'm sure there were so many dfw5.0 members there.

Actually there were a ton of dfw5.0 cars there. I know it breaks your heart but I saw that sticker on at least 10 cars.

blownaltered 11-23-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 76370)
450hp 472tq

It was a pleasure meeting you today. My little boy wants me to buy a vette now.

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76377)
Actually there were a ton of dfw5.0 cars there. I know it breaks your heart but I saw that sticker on at least 10 cars.

I'm so sure of it. If there were then they don't know the horror stories of TS. It's where coyotes go to die.

Grandpa 11-23-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76376)

There was actually several dfw50 cars there, as well as HPP cars. It seems you dont speak for everyone after all. Lol.

Grandpa 11-23-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76378)
It was a pleasure meeting you today. My little boy wants me to buy a vette now.

At least one of you has some sense. Haha!

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76380)
There was actually several dfw50 cars there, as well as HPP cars. It seems you dont speak for everyone after all. Lol.

Never said I did. I just hope people understand if they want to do a big coyote build not to use them. 1 out of 5 big builds isn't good odds.

Grandpa 11-23-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76382)
Never said I did. I just hope people understand if they want to do a big coyote build not to use them. 1 out of 5 big builds isn't good odds.

Big coyote build. Talk about an oxymoron..

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76383)
Big coyote build. Talk about an oxymoron..

You're retarded. Like I said you've become an asshole since hanging around the DR crowd.

blownaltered 11-23-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76384)
You're retarded. Like I said you've become an asshole since hanging around the DR crowd.

So what's your fucking excuse

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76385)
So what's your fucking excuse

I've always been an asshole. What's your excuse loving the cock?

Grandpa 11-23-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76384)

You're retarded. Ive known alot of DR guys longer than i have known you. Ive known several of them since the mid 90s. Haha. Nice try on that one. Hahaha

blownaltered 11-23-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76386)
I've always been an asshole. What's your excuse loving the cock?

How'd you know my cock was my best friend. I try to play with him often. You cry like an over grown baby all over these boards. Gearheads fucked me worse than you think you got fucked and you don't see me crying like a fucking child. Grow the fuck up

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76388)
How'd you know my cock was my best friend. I try to play with him often. You cry like an over grown baby all over these boards. Gearheads fucked me worse than you think you got fucked and you don't see me crying like a fucking child. Grow the fuck up

See if it wasn't a shop you weren't using and all up their asses you wouldn't give a shit. So fuck off.

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76387)
You're retarded. Ive known alot of DR guys longer than i have known you. Ive known several of them since the mid 90s. Haha. Nice try on that one. Hahaha

Oh sorry I guess being like them is more like it. Most those guys are mustang haters especially new ones just like what you have become.

Grandpa 11-23-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76390)
Oh sorry I guess being like them is more like it. Most those guys are mustang haters especially new ones just like what you have become.

Weak trolling on your part. There is no mustang hate. There is jokes of course, but then again all cars are joked about on DR. Its about cool people out to have a good time. People who assume elitism on DR are just usually insecure they wont fit in so they hate.

blownaltered 11-23-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76389)
See if it wasn't a shop you weren't using and all up their asses you wouldn't give a shit. So fuck off.

I don't see how I'm supporting a shop. I haven't defended them, I haven't promoted them and my car hasn't been there since march. I find it funny when a shop nut swinger gets pissed at a shop and then goes to another shop and swings from their nuts.

I understand your pissed but their becomes a point were your annoying as fuck. You sir have passed that along time ago.

blownaltered 11-23-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76391)
Weak trolling on your part. There is no mustang hate. There is jokes of course, but then again all cars are joked about on DR. Its about cool people out to have a good time. People who assume elitism on DR are just usually insecure they wont fit in so they hate.

I'm on DR and I can't even afford a Vette, please don't have them ban me now because I'm not a baller.

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76391)

I'm not trolling it's the truth. And I don't care about fitting in the so rich group.

Grandpa 11-23-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76394)
I'm not trolling it's the truth. And I don't care about fitting in the so rich group.

There are a few ballers but its not the norm. Just every day hard working guys like everyone else. But im sure you know all this cuz you know them all...oh wait..

BLK2012GT 11-23-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76392)
I don't see how I'm supporting a shop. I haven't defended them, I haven't promoted them and my car hasn't been there since march. I find it funny when a shop nut swinger gets pissed at a shop and then goes to another shop and swings from their nuts.

I understand your pissed but their becomes a point were your annoying as fuck. You sir have passed that along time ago.

I'm not swinging on any shop. When have you seen me post or say HPP is the best shop ever? I'll wait for that response.

And I have every right to bitch piss and moan however long I want. I got fucked after I gave them so many chances, after supposedly I got the hookup cause I was "family", yet I don't have the car I paid for. There are so many things you guys don't know, well you think you do cause you hear from one side of the story who on that side is never his or their fault and they never fuck up. They blame the customer, manufacture, anyone but them. So if you don't want to see me bitch anymore either ban me or leave the forum cause I will continue. And even if I get banned if you see me in person I'll still tell you about how they suck and owned my a piece of shit snake.