Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Pics & Video (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A lesson we all should learn.. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1928)

Grandpa 06-07-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 33791)
ISnt it nice getting to drive the Zo6 around w/o breaking it?:High 5:

It has a T56 in it and with him driving it won't last long. He is cursed with T56's. lol

Bearded Banger 06-07-2013 05:57 PM

A lesson we all should learn..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33789)
Two chicks at the same time
Hookers
Blow
Build a home
vacations
Do things on your bucket list
Boat on party cove
Trip to space with Branson
NBA finals tickets
Superbowl tickets
World series tickets
Concerts
Get a girlfriend/boyfriend
Spend time with your family
Learn to make balloon animals with your cock n balls

I dunno, not much I guess. Mod away!

Checkitty, check, check! Do it all!

re-rx7 06-07-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33793)
It has a T56 in it and with him driving it won't last long. He is cursed with T56's. lol

It could have an unobtanium built trans or motor with unicorn gears and pistons, Will would break it.

Doug1227 06-07-2013 06:36 PM

I can be pretty happy having a "fast" car, but not having the "Fastest" car. There's always going to be someone that's faster. The problem is that "fast" is a relative term and what once felt fast no longer does once you go faster!

Antothoro 06-08-2013 08:18 PM

Yep.. that's a good lesson to learn.

Boomer 06-12-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 33666)
I've had over a dozen Mustangs so I'm ready for something different. I think the Z06 is the best bang for the buck car in the lastfew decades. From stock, it's one of the best handling, quickest stock cars ever that outperform cars that cost two or three times as much. I'd also like a true sports car for a change, rather than an amped up passenger car.

I mean think about it, even as built as your car is it still has no chance against a stock C6 Z06. That's pretty impressive considering how modded your car is!

Bringing this thread back alive lol! But have to agree with Steve, although the vette I have sitting in my garage isn't a Z06, it's a C6 with some very minor mods and tune. The cars are very impressive and simply fun to drive!

46Tbird 06-12-2013 01:03 PM

It's all about your resources. My car is my daily beater so I'm not interested in modding it too much. I have other things to waste my time and money on, like vacations, my house, and playing with my old cars. My Mustang looks good, runs good, is fun as hell to drive, and has cold a/c so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

If I had a retarded amount of money like SW or Mike Kelly I might chase four-digit horsepower or Texas mile records. But I don't, so I'm not going to get caught up in chasing the Joneses. It's crazy but I'm happy being slow!

Selcouth 06-12-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 34342)
It's all about your resources. My car is my daily beater so I'm not interested in modding it too much. I have other things to waste my time and money on, like vacations, my house, and playing with my old cars. My Mustang looks good, runs good, is fun as hell to drive, and has cold a/c so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

If I had a retarded amount of money like SW or Mike Kelly I might chase four-digit horsepower or Texas mile records. But I don't, so I'm not going to get caught up in chasing the Joneses. It's crazy but I'm happy being slow!

This is why I have a daily then the fun cars to play around with. That way when they break down I still have a means of transportation. Although I did just ordered a shifter and custom knob for the daily. If anyone has driven a GTO then they know what I mean when I say the Shifter/knob is absolute garbage when it comes to driving spirited.

merlinmol 06-12-2013 05:45 PM

Daily driver is almost a must have if you are going to mod the hell out of your vehicle.

Dan12GT 06-13-2013 01:19 PM

I buy my cars to drive them. Modding is a fun factor to me as I like most any sports car owner is a speed junky. Since I like to drive my cars too I want to be able to drive them. I think there is a fine line between modding and going extreme. If it requires my car to sit in the shop for months and months on end I'm out.

Luke 06-13-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 34479)
I buy my cars to drive them. Modding is a fun factor to me as I like most any sports car owner is a speed junky. Since I like to drive my cars too I want to be able to drive them. I think there is a fine line between modding and going extreme. If it requires my car to sit in the shop for months and months on end I'm out.

Same here, I don't want to buy a brand new car so it can sit in a garage. This is my DD, the other car's a spare, not the other way around.