Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Lucille's dyno numbers (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4169)

re-rx7 05-21-2014 01:11 PM

Heads and cams are bolts ons.

In the ls universe

Junkie 05-21-2014 01:23 PM

like I said, what hard parts have been changed? What NONE STOCK PARTS have been added?

Thats like counting 93 octane as a mod lol

DirtyD 05-21-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72062)
like I said, what hard parts have been changed? What NONE STOCK PARTS have been added?

Thats like counting 93 octane as a mod lol

Stock = Factory. If the tune isn't the same tune it left the factory assembly line with, it's not stock, regardless if everything else is untouched.

Dominic Toretto 05-21-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72063)
Stock = Factory.

'nuff said.

-Alex

Junkie 05-21-2014 02:08 PM

What factory parts have been removed and replaced? I'm talking hard parts, actual things you can hold in your hand.

By your definition, once you do an oil change the car isn't stock. Its not the factory oil in the motor anymore.

Grandpa 05-21-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 72056)
If by "a bunch of other shit" you mean supporting mods for the cam, then it's pretty ridiculous to assume someone would only install a cam WITHOUT supporting mods lol.

I mean seriously, who would install an LG G5X3 cam and not upgrade to longtubes, better intake, IM, plugs, tune, full exhaust to take full advantage of the cam? Of course better heads would be optimal but, everything else is pretty necessary to use the cam without it being a monumental waste of money.

-Alex

You just said it yourself, that isn't just a cam, but a lot of other things as well. The phrase "cam only" is meant to understate mods for those who are uninformed on what it really means. Personally, I find it funny as hell and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's all part of racing as far as I'm concerned. If you don't come out prepared, educated on street racing, on your A game, car prepped and running to run it's best race, then it's on you. Hence the old term, "run what ya bring and hope you brought enough".

This latest generation of racers are a bunch of sniveling little whiners who have to bench race it to death first with their calculator racing to insure they get the win or don't race. It's cry baby bullshit. I wish people would just get back to having fun and racing win or lose without thinking it's some kind of personal reflection upon themselves as a man. It's a hobby, the shit is suppose to be fun. I'll race anyone, I don't care. Win or lose, doesn't matter because it's fun.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72067)
What factory parts have been removed and replaced? I'm talking hard parts, actual things you can hold in your hand.

By your definition, once you do an oil change the car isn't stock. Its not the factory oil in the motor anymore.

You are stretching my statement IMO.

Stock is the factory parts and configuration of the vehicle as it left the factory, but doesn't include fuel, oil, coolant, etc since those are replenishable.

Oil eventually has to be changed...a tune, intake, exhaust, etc doesn't HAVE to be changed.

Grandpa 05-21-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

You can replace the oil with the same oil it left the factory with. You're splitting hairs in your argument. lol.

Stock is stock. The way it leaves the factory. Factory tune and all.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72068)
This latest generation of racers are a bunch of sniveling little whiners who have to bench race it to death first with their calculator racing to insure they get the win or don't race. It's cry baby bullshit.

So exactly like Zeek calling out all Mustangs "650whp and below"?

Junkie 05-21-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72069)
You are stretching my statement IMO.

Stock is the factory parts and configuration of the vehicle as it left the factory, but doesn't include fuel, oil, coolant, etc since those are replenishable.

Oil eventually has to be changed...a tune, intake, exhaust, etc doesn't HAVE to be changed.

I've personally switched to 0 weight oil and picked up great power. So no I'm not stretching anything.

Car is "factory" anymore once one oil change is done, according to your definition.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72070)
You can replace the oil with the same oil it left the factory with. You're splitting hairs in your argument. lol.

Stock is stock. The way it leaves the factory. Factory tune and all.

HOLY SHIT STEVE AND I AGREE! lulz :lol:

Junkie 05-21-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72071)

I've watched Zeek accept call outs in person from much more powerful cars. He doesn't give a shit.

He called out 650rwhp stangs so he would have a good fun race. Its pretty simple

DirtyD 05-21-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72072)
I've personally switched to 0 weight oil and picked up great power. So no I'm not stretching anything.

Car is "factory" anymore once one oil change is done, according to your definition.

But then again, you didn't have to switch to 0W. You could've kept the exact same oil weight and brand that was originally put in the car.

Grandpa 05-21-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72071)

That's just street racing stuff and everything is negotiable. It's clear you don't know Zeek because he will race anything, including the wind if it challenged him. Make no mistake, Zeek will race. lol

Besides, his car only makes 491rw, so a 650 Stang isn't really unreasonable in his request. He just wants to see where he stands against a blown Stang with him on motor.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72076)
That's just street racing stuff and everything is negotiable. It's clear you don't know Zeek because he will race anything, including the wind if it challenged him. Make no mistake, Zeek will race. lol

Besides, his car only makes 491rw, so a 650 Stang isn't really unreasonable in his request. He just wants to see where he stands against a blown Stang with him on motor.

He's made that clear as of late, but didn't seem that clear when he posted that thread. I was just using that as an example anyways.

Junkie 05-21-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72075)
But then again, you didn't have to switch to 0W. You could've kept the exact same oil weight and brand that was originally put in the car.

lol hilarious. So now you CAN in fact change things from factory as long as its within reason and similar.

Which is EXACTLY what a tune does.

Yet thats not ok.

Grandpa 05-21-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72077)
He's made that clear as of late, but didn't seem that clear when he posted that thread. I was just using that as an example anyways.

I really wouldn't expect you to get it since you're not really a racer at all.

Dominic Toretto 05-21-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72068)
You just said it yourself, that isn't just a cam, but a lot of other things as well. The phrase "cam only" is meant to understate mods for those who are uninformed on what it really means.

Exactly. I am kind of lost on why you seemed confused about the term if you knew what it meant to begin with. But, no need to get into that and sidetrack the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72072)

No... just.... no.

-Alex

Grandpa 05-21-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 72083)
Exactly. I am kind of lost on why you seemed confused about the term if you knew what it meant to begin with. But, no need to get into that and sidetrack the thread.

It was a comment back to Derek stating that I found it amusing. Don't like it, skip the thread.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72078)
lol hilarious. So now you CAN in fact change things from factory as long as its within reason and similar.

Which is EXACTLY what a tune does.

Yet thats not ok.

Let me try this again. Oil is a consumable. I obviously don't have to explain to you what no changing your oil will do. Therefore you have to change it. You don't have to change the car's intake, as the stock on works fine. You don't have to change the factory cam. You don't have to delete the cats. The car will still run perfectly fine with all that stuff staying the same. Saying that changing the oil no longer makes the vehicle stock is about as stupid as a KKK member walking into the slums of Oak Cliff and screaming the N word and not expecting to get killed.

I don't see how you can argue that changing the tune to maximize the efficiency and power of the engine is still stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72079)
I really wouldn't expect you to get it since you're not really a racer at all.

Here you go again......asinine comments.....:025:

Junkie 05-21-2014 03:07 PM

I guess you missed the fact that I wasn't talking about Cam, intake, exhaust, etc...

Dominic Toretto 05-21-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72084)
It was a comment back to Derek stating that I found it amusing.

Oh okay my mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72084)
Don't like it, skip the thread.

That's why I originally stated "If you mean"... meaning I wasn't sure just trying to clarify. Gee fucking whiz.

-Alex

Grandpa 05-21-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72085)

Here you go again...........:025:

Why do you find that comment offensive? It's the truth. You're not a racer, certainly not a hardcore racer nor are you very expierenced since you're still pretty new to this hobby. Drop the insecurity. Everyone was new at some point.

Courtesy Flush 05-21-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 72083)
But, no need to get into that and sidetrack the thread.

No worries, its already hit that point.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72088)
Why do you find that comment offensive? It's the truth. You're not a racer, certainly not a hardcore racer nor are you very expierenced since you're still pretty new to this hobby. Drop the insecurity. Everyone was new at some point.

I didn't find it offensive? I just don't see how that comment was a proper response to what I said.

Simply pointing out the fact Zeek makes a thread calling out xxx whp Mustangs to race a couple of weeks ago, then proceeding to say in that same thread he should beat them no problem.

Dominic Toretto 05-21-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 72090)
No worries, its already hit that point.

Touche LOL.

-Alex

DirtyD 05-21-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72086)
I guess you missed the fact that I wasn't talking about Cam, intake, exhaust, etc...

I can see that. I'm using those as part of my argument. You don't have to change any hard parts of the car for it to function as intended. You don't have to change the tune in the computer for the car to function as intended either. You do have to change the oil eventually for the car to function as it was intended.

Junkie 05-21-2014 03:15 PM

I understand that, but according to you. Changing ANYTHING = not stock.

Unless those rules only apply to the computer lol? which makes zero sense.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72095)
I understand that, but according to you. Changing ANYTHING = not stock.

Unless those rules only apply to the computer lol? which makes zero sense.

Okay, it will be reworded since you like to split hairs.

Changing anything that is not a consumable is no longer stock. So that means fuel, oil, cabin air filters, light bulbs aren't covered.

Grandpa 05-21-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72091)
Simply pointing out the fact Zeek makes a thread calling out xxx whp Mustangs to race a couple of weeks ago, then proceeding to say in that same thread he should beat them no problem.

Its called racing, Derek. You should try it rather than sitting online with your calculator guessmating everything rather than getting some actual experience and having fun. Perhaps you can finally get your stock 12 second car out of the 13's. :dogpile:

Zeek 05-21-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72091)

I like to call that "stiring the pot" I get on a mustang forum. Call out mustangs making over 100 more HP than me and only 1 mustang steps up to race. Pretty sad.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72098)
Its called racing, Derek. You should try it rather than sitting online with your calculator guessmating everything rather than getting some actual experience and having fun. Perhaps you can finally get your stock 12 second car out of the 13's. :dogpile:

You really enjoy this, don't you?

BERT 05-21-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

LMAO, don't like admitting you're not right, huh?

This would be a fun convo on a Friday night :D

Junkie 05-21-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72097)
Okay, it will be reworded since you like to split hairs.

Changing anything that is not a consumable is no longer stock. So that means fuel, oil, cabin air filters, light bulbs aren't covered.

So adding C16 to a car is ok, it can still be stock. But hooking a laptop up makes it modded. lol got it!

Junkie 05-21-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72104)

My point was no hard parts changing, which I still stand behind.

Im speaking of rules in racing classes, events, etc…

With actual racing experience. lol A tune isn't going to eliminate a car from a stock car class…Hard parts being changed will. Its really that simple.

Courtesy Flush 05-21-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 72100)
I like to call that "stiring the pot" I get on a mustang forum. Call out mustangs making over 100 more HP than me and only 1 mustang steps up to race. Pretty sad.

That's because all the cars that meet that criteria either blow up or get sold because people finally realize they should have bought a LS based platform.

DirtyD 05-21-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72106)
So adding C16 to a car is ok, it can still be stock. But hooking a laptop up makes it modded. lol got it!

Well this is where it really starts to get fuzzy. Obviously the timing has to be changed since the factory tune won't be able to adjust enough.

Hooking a laptop up for is Coyote guys doesn't do anything, so we would still be stock. :p

Grandpa 05-21-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 72101)
You really enjoy this, don't you?

It's friendly banter. I do the same thing with my buddies. I'm not treating you any differently. Well, actually I go lighter on you considering how sensitive you are. You should see the shit Bert and Blownaltered and I all say back and forth to one another. It way more harsh! haha.

Now, get up, wipe your ass(front to back, I don't want you getting any shit in your sandy vag), pull your panties up, go get in your slow ass car and learn to drive it and come race my shitbox Grandpa car. :D

Grandpa 05-21-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72104)

Will is just shaking the newb's tree abit to see what shakes loose. lol

Grandpa 05-21-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 72108)
That's because all the cars that meet that criteria either blow up or get sold because people finally realize they should have bought a LS based platform.

Ziiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!