Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Have you raced a Terminator? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3053)

BERT 11-07-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55731)
You for some odd reason see it as a something personal or a challenge to you. For me it's merely a discussion. I have no problem if you opinion differs from mine. It's just that usually you get your information second and third hand rather than from personal expierence.

You're welcome. :D

In case you haven't noticed, I don't discuss the martial arts online anymore. Too many people take it to a different place as a challenge to their manhood or something. To me, it's no different than people cheering on their favorite football team or something.

Btw, it's 2013 and GSP still sucks.

LOL, that's why me and you get along on the internets. I can discuss something and not get mad or take it personal.

And was wondering why there wasn't a MMA forum

Grandpa 11-07-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 55735)
LOL, that's why me and you get along on the internets. I can discuss something and not get mad or take it personal.

And was wondering why there wasn't a MMA forum

We can start a MMA thread when events come up. If it gets out of hand I just wont take part in the nonsense. lol

BLK2012GT 11-07-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55736)
We can start a MMA thread when events come up. If it gets out of hand I just wont take part in the nonsense. lol

Cause Steve cant control his ARMBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flamingdevil:

WOMACK03 11-07-2013 07:39 PM

I just washed and waxed my car......It looks even sexier!
Kiss Kiss.

Dan12GT 11-07-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 55728)
Welcome to my occasional hell. A differing opinion from his is armageddon.

LOL! Yep. Nothing personal taken on my end just a friendly difference of opinion. But... He does average more posts a month I have my entire time I've been a member on the site. LOL!!! Steve I see why you don't have FB! I don't even know how you have time for all the car forum posting.

BLK2012GT 11-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55739)
LOL! Yep. Nothing personal taken on my end just a friendly difference of opinion. But... He does average more posts a month I have my entire time I've been a member on the site. LOL!!! Steve I see why you don't have FB! I don't even know how you have time for all the car forum posting.

He's a stay at home mom:anitoof:

WOMACK03 11-07-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 55740)

Bazinga!

Grandpa 11-07-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 55740)

It's a rough life I tell you..

Grandpa 11-07-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMACK03 (Post 55741)
Bazinga!

Look! /points to traffic on freeway

Balloon!!

WOMACK03 11-07-2013 08:09 PM

Those were the good ole days.

Dominic Toretto 11-07-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55711)
Cars like Vettes are 2 seaters made with one plan in mind, going fast. There is nothing practical about them and they are essentially toys.

I can tell you haven't had much seat time with a Corvette built after 1996.

-Alex

Grandpa 11-07-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 55737)
Cause Steve cant control his ARMBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flamingdevil:

What is this armbar you speak of? Some kind of drinking establishment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMACK03 (Post 55738)
I just washed and waxed my car......It looks even sexier!
Kiss Kiss.

I've heard of this mythical creature SB Cobra. But it's kinda like Blownaltered's wallet in a strip club. It goes in, but never comes out to be seen again.

BERT 11-07-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55749)

I've heard of this mythical creature SB Cobra. But it's kinda like Blownaltered's wallet in a strip club. It goes in, but never comes out to be seen again.

Mmmmmmmmm, strip club

You're giving me ideas for tomorrow night

Phuck Phace 11-07-2013 09:37 PM

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/...zal/armbar.jpg

blownaltered 11-07-2013 11:20 PM

Steve wants a Vette so it can look fast in the parking lot. I laugh every time I read these threads. He wants a competitive car but I know Steve he doesn't race. It cracks me up.

Dan12GT 11-08-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominic toretto (Post 55748)
i can tell you haven't had much seat time with a corvette built after 1996.

-alex

??

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 55759)
steve wants a vette so it can look fast in the parking lot. I laugh every time i read these threads. He wants a competitive car but i know steve he doesn't race. It cracks me up.

lol!

Dominic Toretto 11-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55829)
??

Since the C5, people have been enjoying Corvettes as DD/only cars for awhile. Yes it's a toy but one that you can use as an only car as well. It's nowhere near as boutique as you may think it is.

-Alex

Grandpa 11-08-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 55759)
Steve wants a Vette so it can look fast in the parking lot. I laugh every time I read these threads. He wants a competitive car but I know Steve he doesn't race. It cracks me up.

Doesn't race? You getting Alzheimers or something? You don't remember me showing you the tail lights on my stock car vs your modded hot rod a few times? lmao.

Grandpa 11-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 55831)
Since the C5, people have been enjoying Corvettes as DD/only cars for awhile. Yes it's a toy but one that you can use as an only car as well. It's nowhere near as boutique as you may think it is.

-Alex

Agreed. 30mpg and 505hp@3100lbs doesn't suck.

Dan12GT 11-08-2013 01:18 PM

Oh ya I agree you can DD them but the Mustang is a tad more practical due to its price and seating capacity. Never said you can'd DD them but most of the crowd that drives them I think we all can agree on are old retired guys that aren't as worried about cost or the size of the car.

Grandpa 11-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55840)
Oh ya I agree you can DD them but the Mustang is a tad more practical due to its price and seating capacity. Never said you can'd DD them but most of the crowd that drives them I think we all can agree on are old retired guys that aren't as worried about cost or the size of the car.

It's what is more practical for YOU. I thought the same thing thinking I needed the backseat for my kids when I bought the Mustang instead of the Vette in reality when I take it out I'm usually by myself or rare occasion my wife or 5 yr old little girl rides with me. But when we all go out together we always take my truck cuz the baby seat for my 8 month old has to face to the rear which doesn't fit well in the Mustang. So its really as practical as a Corvette is at this point for ME.

Dominic Toretto 11-08-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Nah, old retired guys generally have back problems so they need a regular car more than anyone lol. Completely agree a Mustang is without a doubt, more usable than a Corvette. I hated driving my car downtown and often times just wouldn't since the roads there seem to have been sharknadoed. Even with my lowered Mustang, I can "access" more of the car more frequently. If that makes sense.

-Alex

STROKD 11-08-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55749)

I seen it, even rode around the parking lot on to a few months ago...

Grandpa 11-08-2013 01:41 PM

I wouldn't say the backseats are all that practical since they are really only useable to kids or midgets. It does have a really good sized trunk though.

STROKD 11-08-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Who gives a funk about back seats. My Stangs have always been too low to carry more than one person. Had 5 chick's and my best friend in it once on way to a party, it was sitting on the bump stops with me and my friend weighing long 140 each and the fattest girl weighing 110. Lol

Dan12GT 11-08-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55845)
It's what is more practical for YOU. I thought the same thing thinking I needed the backseat for my kids when I bought the Mustang instead of the Vette in reality when I take it out I'm usually by myself or rare occasion my wife or 5 yr old little girl rides with me. But when we all go out together we always take my truck cuz the baby seat for my 8 month old has to face to the rear which doesn't fit well in the Mustang. So its really as practical as a Corvette is at this point for ME.

LOL! You can't deny a Corvette ins't less practical period. Its not a matter of opinion its fact. Even if you could afford 10 Vettes, in terms of price a Mustang is more practical (then you could probably buy 20 mustangs lol).

The fact you can fit the seat into a Mustang too makes it more practical, not saying it will be comfortable though. You couldn't even attempt that with a Vette.

Dan12GT 11-08-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 55851)
Who gives a funk about back seats. My Stangs have always been too low to carry more than one person. Had 5 chick's and my best friend in it once on way to a party, it was sitting on the bump stops with me and my friend weighing long 140 each and the fattest girl weighing 110. Lol

You kind of did that to yourself lowering it. I've had 3 other adults in my car on the stock suspension no problem. Its tight but it works. Defiantly not what I would ever consider for a long trip.

STROKD 11-08-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55853)
You kind of did that to yourself lowering it. I've had 3 other adults in my car on the stock suspension no problem. Its tight but it works. Defiantly not what I would ever consider for a long trip.

Well yea, my point was all stangs should be dragging nuts, they are almost sports cars. The back seats are worthless, just to have them to sell the cars as practical when they aren't really.

Dan12GT 11-08-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 55859)
Well yea, my point was all stangs should be dragging nuts, they are almost sports cars. The back seats are worthless, just to have them to sell the cars as practical when they aren't really.

Ya I agree, its usable but hovering in the realm of not being practical. My point is a Mustang IS more practical than a Vette in every aspect. Arguing anything different is just silly to me.

STROKD 11-08-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55866)
Ya I agree, its usable but hovering in the realm of not being practical. My point is a Mustang IS more practical than a Vette in every aspect. Arguing anything different is just silly to me.

Well, the stang has a smaller trunk, doesnt ride as well, is larger and harder to park and manuver in traffic, gets worse gas mileage, is louder and more annoying to driver and neighbors coming home late, is metal so if it hails it gets fucked vs the composite bouncey panels of the vette, has much higher insurance rates, but other than that, yea it is more practical.

blownaltered 11-08-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55833)
Doesn't race? You getting Alzheimers or something? You don't remember me showing you the tail lights on my stock car vs your modded hot rod a few times? lmao.

My oldtimers must be kicking in because I do recall after my tune I had you by a fender. Even then I find out I was shifting about 5400 to 5500 rpms and not 6k like I should have. Damn fox body tachs.

Midnight11 11-08-2013 03:25 PM

I want a comp orange or sonic blue, anyone want to trade

BERT 11-08-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 55851)

Funk? What are you, 12?

Dominic Toretto 11-08-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 55866)

My mom, 4 year old in a carseat, and her 9 year old sister all fit comfortably during a 4 hour drive from OKC to Irving. Just moved the front seats forward so the girls in the back could have leg room. I seriously can't imagine full grown adults having too much more trouble. I'd be slightly cramped but, I don't think it is unrealistic to think 4 people can't reasonably fit in a Mustang. I'm 6'0 though. Not sure how tall you guys are.

-Alex

Dan12GT 11-08-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 55889)
My mom, 4 year old in a carseat, and her 9 year old sister all fit comfortably during a 4 hour drive from OKC to Irving. Just moved the front seats forward so the girls in the back could have leg room. I seriously can't imagine full grown adults having too much more trouble. I'd be slightly cramped but, I don't think it is unrealistic to think 4 people can't reasonably fit in a Mustang. I'm 6'0 though. Not sure how tall you guys are.

-Alex

I wouldn't consider using the Mustang as a long trip vehicle just due to the comfort ability factor but it can get the every day tasks done no problem. I guess I will truly know soon as I have a newborn coming in 6 months.

Dominic Toretto 11-08-2013 03:47 PM

How much do hardtop Cobras weigh?

-Alex

Grandpa 11-08-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 55880)
My oldtimers must be kicking in because I do recall after my tune I had you by a fender. Even then I find out I was shifting about 5400 to 5500 rpms and not 6k like I should have. Damn fox body tachs.

You mean the race you jumped like a jackrabbit and then when I was coming around you shut down? :laughing1:

LOL@ using a stock fox tach as an exuse. No one has ever relied on one of those to run a fox! They either had a monster tach or shift when it stops pulling. Not my fault you can't drive your car by feel!

Grandpa 11-08-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 55892)
How much do hardtop Cobras weigh?

-Alex

3700'ish pounds.

re-rx7 11-08-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 55873)
Well, the stang has a smaller trunk, doesnt ride as well, is larger and harder to park and manuver in traffic, gets worse gas mileage, is louder and more annoying to driver and neighbors coming home late, is metal so if it hails it gets fucked vs the composite bouncey panels of the vette, has much higher insurance rates, but other than that, yea it is more practical.

Most of which you point out are personal opinions.

blownaltered 11-08-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55894)
You mean the race you jumped like a jackrabbit and then when I was coming around you shut down? :laughing1:

LOL@ using a stock fox tach as an exuse. No one has ever relied on one of those to run a fox! They either had a monster tach or shift when it stops pulling. Not my fault you can't drive your car by feel!

Ok yoda I will use the force. I had just bought the damn car and it had just been retuned. How was I supposed to be used to the we it feels. :slap: