Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Friday night meet - Coit and 190 (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1574)

Grandpa 05-23-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72295)
Oh I know. I'm just giving him shit cause he said something about copying your route on mods for it lol

His boost/dope set up was badass. Going twins made it a race car. Not for me.

Junkie 05-23-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72297)
His boost/dope set up was badass. Going twins made it a race car. Not for me.

How is that? It drives better, gets better mileage, runs cooler, etc…

I'm looking for an actual technical answer here.

BERT 05-23-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72298)

UH OH, lmao

BERT 05-23-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72296)
A pullied/cam'd V will handle most other cars running around town i come across. I drive my kids around in this car and dont want race car problems or drivabilty issues.

So whenever it happens i'll just be sure to drive the 2 1/2 hours to your house to say I TOLD YOU SO :D :D :D

Grandpa 05-23-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72298)

Its my opinion is all. You even said yourself you went too far with it. I'll be surprised if you even own it much longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72299)
UH OH, lmao

I understand you are bored cuz you have a girly machine to drive but quit stirrin the pot you retard. Lol

Grandpa 05-23-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72300)
So whenever it happens i'll just be sure to drive the 2 1/2 hours to your house to say I TOLD YOU SO :D :D :D

When what happens?

Junkie 05-23-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72301)
Its my opinion is all. You even said yourself you went too far with it. I'll be surprised if you even own it much longer.

I understand you are bored cuz you have a girly machine to drive but quit stirrin the pot you retard. Lol

lol thats funny. You say its too race car. But have no actual data to back it up?

So basically, you have no clue what you're talking about and just making assumptions?

FYI, it has a smaller cam, its quieter, I don't have to run around on kill all the time, etc…

Its a BIG change yes. But it is in no way a harsher or more "Race car" combo.

BERT 05-23-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72301)

No, I will do no such thing.
And I'm bored cause it's Friday and I refuse to work hard on a Friday. Has nothing to do with what vehicle I might be driving at this time

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72302)
When what happens?

Twin Turbo V

Grandpa 05-23-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72303)
lol thats funny. You say its too race car. But have no actual data to back it up?

So basically, you have no clue what you're talking about and just making assumptions?

FYI, it has a smaller cam, its quieter, I don't have to run around on kill all the time, etc…

Its a BIG change yes. But it is in no way a harsher or more "Race car" combo.

Are you just in the mood to argue or something today? Lol. Its my opinion that it is too far for me and how I use the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72304)

Twin Turbo V

Lol. Aint gonna happen. I'll stick with my sandbox car. More races there and less problems. Lol

Junkie 05-23-2014 04:47 PM

lol not in the mood to argue at all. I've always called it how I see it.

You made a statement based on no actual data at all. I called you out. Same thing I would have done in person lol

BERT 05-23-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72305)
Are you just in the mood to argue or something today? Lol. Its my opinion that it is too far for me and how I use the car.

Lol. Aint gonna happen. I'll stick with my sandbox car. More races there and less problems. Lol

Oh!!! So now you're saying all turbo cars are nothing but a big problem huh?!?!?!?! :dogpile::hidesbehindsofa:

Grandpa 05-23-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72306)
lol not in the mood to argue at all. I've always called it how I see it.

You made a statement based on no actual data at all. I called you out. Same thing I would have done in person lol

It doesnt have anything to do with factual data. It has to do with living in a real world. You live in a alternate universe from the rest of us. If you break your shit, no big deal. You put it in the shop, throw more money at it and go drive another one of your dozen toys you have while you wait. Most of us normal people dont have the funds for that. When our shit breaks, its harder financially and we have to be without a car for awhile. Ive never hated on you for being in your position, but i think at times you forget that isnt the norm. Blast me all you like, we just have different opinions on it due to coming from different pespectives.

Courtesy Flush 05-23-2014 05:05 PM

I feel a street car/race car debate coming on....

Doug1227 05-23-2014 05:11 PM

My DD is still together...but it only makes ~650.....

BERT 05-23-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 72309)
I feel a street car/race car debate coming on....

please please please please please please please......

Junkie 05-23-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72308)
It doesnt have anything to do with factual data. It has to do with living in a real world. You live in a alternate universe from the rest of us. If you break your shit, no big deal. You put it in the shop, throw more money at it and go drive another one of your dozen toys you have while you wait. Most of us normal people dont have the funds for that. When our shit breaks, its harder financially and we have to be without a car for awhile. Ive never hated on you for being in your position, but i think at times you forget that isnt the norm. Blast me all you like, we just have different opinions on it due to coming from different pespectives.

lol that argument has no place coming from someone with an extra mach1 sitting in the garage… Lets be a little more realistic Steve. :slap:

You still haven't posted any data on why a TT setup making the same power as a nitrous/blower setup would be less reliable.

Grandpa 05-23-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72312)
lol that argument has no place coming from someone with an extra mach1 sitting in the garage… Lets be a little more realistic Steve. :slap:

You still haven't posted any data on why a TT setup making the same power as a nitrous/blower setup would be less reliable.

Yes, because a 11 year old mustang that is nearly stock that has been long paid for that doesnt cost us anything to sit and a fully built 2012 TT Cts-V are on the same level. Lol, gimme a break.

Junkie 05-23-2014 06:00 PM

Did you not just post about "not having anything to drive"? Lol that was your main excuse.

I'm still waiting on an explanation on how less cylinder pressure, less pressure on the crank snout, and less of an impact on clutches. At the same power level some how makes something less reliable?

Midnight11 05-23-2014 06:22 PM

Yea Steve let's hear it lol

Grandpa 05-23-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 72314)
Did you not just post about "not having anything to drive"? Lol that was your main excuse.

I'm still waiting on an explanation on how less cylinder pressure, less pressure on the crank snout, and less of an impact on clutches. At the same power level some how makes something less reliable?

You completely missed the point of my statement. I never said that the set up wasnt good or ineffiecient, in fact i didnt say anything negative about it at all. I said it was too far for me. Anything breaks on that set up and its very expensive and 1000rw cars break shit..alot of shit. If i had something like that and broke it, it would be broken awhile and sitting. Thats not fun at all. You're busy trying to argue rather than understand my viewpoint on it because you're over reacting to my use of the word "racecar". Thats where perspective comes in and is a matter of opinion. To you, a 1000rw car is normal and no big deal. The idea of throwing 20k at a car for a build doesnt phase you in the least. To you, if it runs, drives, idles like stock, its a street car. I get that and totally understand that. BUT, for us normal people, that is a luxury, a fun toy, something to go racing in, not a daily. Lol. Again, its opinion. You have yoursx I have mine. Its not a big deal.

Grandpa 05-23-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 72315)
Yea Steve let's hear it lol

I hope your ankle hurts. Lol

STROKD 05-23-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 72251)
Hey, Steve. You can go fuck yourself.

At least race the damn car once before you sell it off. You will feel less bad about parting it out when you get drug by a cammed vette. :owned:

Midnight11 05-23-2014 09:13 PM

You gotta love the guys that talk shit and have no "fast" car currently just wing uncle Rico of the past

STROKD 05-23-2014 09:17 PM

Price out the equation, I think Wills car now is more streetable than it was... it obviously costs more because its a huge alteration but it is quiter and more docile, much better mpg etc.

Besides the big dick cam Im putting in my heap of shit, i expect the tt setup to be less race car than my supercharger setup was. Thats why i did it in the first place, was to get rid of the screech and shitty mpg.

STROKD 05-23-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 72328)
You gotta love the guys that talk shit and have no "fast" car currently just wing uncle Rico of the past

You have me confused, the slow car in my garage will beat zeek or the dark pony... good assumption though. I even told Steve i thought about bringing it tonight to drag DP till I saw he was parting it out.

Midnight11 05-23-2014 09:24 PM

General statement. If he wants to sell his car let him.

STROKD 05-23-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 72332)
General statement. If he wants to sell his car let him.

He can do whatever he wants, Steve and I were just giving him shit for all the smack talk and then let down so quickly. I found it hilarious too. Same with Jeff, all the 5.0 guys are selling their cars and giving up.

BERT 05-24-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 72328)

You speaking from experience?

re-rx7 05-24-2014 05:31 PM

So what went down Fri? I heard there was some altercation?

Midnight11 05-24-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 72340)
You speaking from experience?

When did I say I had a fast car?

GunsUp 05-26-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 72346)

One of those had to be there for it kinda deals:shrug:

Grandpa 05-26-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 72346)

None of your troll concern.

IHateThisSite 05-26-2014 02:58 PM

A perfect example of why Facebook drama should stay on Facebook ... Also Drama is for bitches and kids ....

re-rx7 05-26-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 72377)
One of those had to be there for it kinda deals:shrug:

Crazy. Yea it happens at almost every meet it seems at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72378)
None of your troll concern.

Great!

BERT 05-26-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHateThisSite (Post 72380)
A perfect example of why Facebook drama should stay on Facebook ... Also Drama is for bitches and kids ....

It's also a reason why certain people in the world shouldn't be allowed on the internet

STROKD 05-26-2014 06:44 PM

Yea, the demanding respect shit is hilarious. He has a slow car and this isnt fucken Jersey where Guidos rome around as part of the "Family"... we dont give a fuck what the clown thinks he deserves. Make your car faster or stfu about demanding respect. Will has fast as fuck cars and doesnt walk around telling people to kiss his feet...

re-rx7 05-26-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strokd (Post 72387)
yea, the demanding respect shit is hilarious....

qft

Junkie 05-26-2014 11:46 PM

History repeats itself.

Whens the last time you saw a figure in history demand respect and get it, not out of fear? Also when is the last time you saw someone demand respect, and actually deserve it?

Grandpa 05-27-2014 09:04 AM

It's a dead issue now. The guy has completely embarrassed himself and he has been raked over the coals over it all. I doubt he ever comes out to the meet again, or if he does it will be to make some half assed apology.

GunsUp 05-27-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 72412)
It's a dead issue now. The guy has completely embarrassed himself and he has been raked over the coals over it all. I doubt he ever comes out to the meet again, or if he does it will be to make some half assed apology.

I'm sure he'll be back to chill like most Friday nights are. I'm also sure he will make it right with Vic who's car took the biggest hit in the hugging contest.