Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   CAI Throwdown (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1442)

DirtyD 04-05-2013 10:41 AM

CAI Throwdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 24846)
Both of my numbers were STD. From my understand HPP and TS are pretty similar on how their dynos are dialed in

Very weird in the fact you gained that much TQ and not an "ounce" of HP, since HP is a function of TQ. Any change in TQ should result in an influx of HP unless the distance or time over wishing the work is done is changed.

TrueStreetTim 04-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosovobandit (Post 24851)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...no-procal.html

Link to my number on Airraid vs stock box in STD.

Thanks for the link! A perfect addition!

Dan12GT 04-05-2013 11:53 AM

CAI Throwdown

You also have to consider the weather conditions. I very well may have gained HP. It was a cold day on the stock dyno so much denser air. The 2nd dyno I had was significantly warmer outside so that very well might account for the HP number to "stay the same" when in fact it probably went up. I think my stock numbers might look a bit embellished due to the cool air. There are soooo many factors that affect dyno numbers it's almost impossible to get a 100% accurate reading. The only real way to do true testing is with the same dyno, the same weather conditions, the same car, and the only changing factor be the intake. Even then not every car will respond the same.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com 04-05-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 24866)
You also have to consider the weather conditions. I very well may have gained HP. It was a cold day on the stock dyno so much denser air. The 2nd dyno I had was significantly warmer outside so that very well might account for the HP number to "stay the same" when in fact it probably went up. I think my stock numbers might look a bit embellished due to the cool air. There are soooo many factors that affect dyno numbers it's almost impossible to get a 100% accurate reading. The only real way to do true testing is with the same dyno, the same weather conditions, the same car, and the only changing factor be the intake. Even then not every car will respond the same.

to add more fuel to the fire, I have seen weather in the morning 50* and after install and lunch (the fat kids got to eat) 72*. Same day comparison can also be a little off as well

Kosovobandit 04-05-2013 12:17 PM

That is why with the test I did it was the same day, temp, car, dyno, and the time took about an hour. There was also no fan on the car at the time and the door was closed to the dyno area.

DirtyD 04-05-2013 12:28 PM

CAI Throwdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 24866)

This is true, and also why I don't put much trust in STD numbers, because they tend to not be as comparable when it comes to different atmospheric conditions during different dyno sessions. SAE is better for comparison purposes when it comes to trying to "disregard" weather changes.

Luke 04-05-2013 12:44 PM

Track numbers > dyno numbers!

Kosovobandit 04-07-2013 03:07 PM

Track result are just as subjective as dyno results. Things like: Temp, track prep, tire, driver, shift points, ect all come into play.

Justin@VMP 04-17-2013 10:55 PM

Our auto 5.0 car ran faster at the track with a stock airbox, cold dense air makes for harder hit out of the hole. However my 5.0l tvs kits all come with JLT intakes...more flow more power.

Grandpa 04-17-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin@VMP (Post 26368)
Our auto 5.0 car ran faster at the track with a stock airbox, cold dense air makes for harder hit out of the hole. However my 5.0l tvs kits all come with JLT intakes...more flow more power.

^If this guy doesn't know, no one does! :peace:

DirtyD 04-17-2013 11:43 PM

CAI Throwdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin@VMP (Post 26368)

Whoa, when did you get here, Justin? Nice to see you around.