Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tipping (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3631)

DirtyD 02-11-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 64206)
I tip everywhere unless service was plain crap. But I don't always hold that against the waiter/waitress. Not tip related but I was at Braums for lunch the other day and it took 25 minutes to get my food. By this time the whole place was packed with people waiting for orders. I'm certain it was not the person who took my order but probably the 2 jaggoffs that called in the day after the Super Bowl making everyone else work harder.

Outside of that; if your a not a fun person to be around....you don't get tipped well. Most of the time I could care less how long it takes my food to get to me etc.

My uncle is a pleasant man with a rather interesting way of tipping. He likes to place 10 one dollar bills on the table before he orders and says "this is your tip but one will be taken away as I choose.....and I like a lot of tea" lol. Kinda seems crappy but he always gets good service I give him that.

I've always wanted to do that type of thing with the bills on the table. Make them become more self aware of their abilities as a wait staff.

Bacadiesel 02-11-2014 02:24 PM

I wish I got tipped 15% as an auto mechanic

Slow Five-O 02-11-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64194)
I'll admit I'm cheap when it comes to tipping sometimes. But that being said, I can't afford to tip a couple of dollars if I eat out a lot because it starts to add up, and I'm not exactly stacked with cash right now.

If you can't afford to tip when eating out then you can't afford to eat out.

DirtyD 02-11-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O (Post 64216)
If you can't afford to tip when eating out then you can't afford to eat out.

That's what I was getting at, is I used eat out too much.

Slow Five-O 02-11-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64219)
That's what I was getting at, is I used eat out too much.

I added it up one time a few years ago what i spent a week / month and it was eye opening.

Dominic Toretto 02-11-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O (Post 64230)
I added it up one time a few years ago what i spent a week / month and it was eye opening.

That's why I cut my own hair now lol. I got tired of paying $20 for damn hair cut. Guess that also makes me cheap.

-Alex

Grandpa 02-11-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 64237)
That's why I cut my own hair now lol. I got tired of paying $20 for damn hair cut. Guess that also makes me cheap.

-Alex

Nothing wrong with that. I used to shave my own head for years, but recently the wife complained about it so now I have hair again. lol

DirtyD 02-11-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O (Post 64230)

Yep, did that awhile back when I started monitoring my spending. Needless to say that I don't do it much, unless it's a special occasion or someone else pays. :nutkick:
Quote:

-Alex

I go to the chain places, Sport Clips/Super Cuts. Typically $14 or so w/ a couple dollar tip. But I let me hair grow out for awhile still. Used to use a boutique my fiance still goes too, but $26 haircuts for a male getting as little cut as as I was is just ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64238)
Nothing wrong with that. I used to shave my own head for years, but recently the wife complained about it so now I have hair again. lol

Not much though. :idiot: lol

Grandpa 02-11-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64240)
Not much though. :idiot: lol

Laugh it up young whippersnapper. God willing, old age will happen to you too along with all of its charming traits that come along with it. lol

GTOphil 02-11-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

-Alex

I've been buzzing/shaving my own head since like '08. Who cares if it's cheap you look cool! lol

And if you do it long enough your scalp will get darker and you won't look retarded. BUT....occasionally you get a sunburn. Those SUUUUUUUCK. About 4 years ago I got like a second degree sunburn on the top of my head- hurt for like 2 weeks.

DirtyD 02-11-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64247)
Laugh it up young whippersnapper. God willing, old age will happen to you too along with all of its charming traits that come along with it. lol

My hair is already thinning out. I can think my dad for that one. :mad:

Dominic Toretto 02-11-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64238)

LOL well gotta keep the Mrs. happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64240)
I go to the chain places, Sport Clips/Super Cuts. Typically $14 or so w/ a couple dollar tip. But I let me hair grow out for awhile still. Used to use a boutique my fiance still goes too, but $26 haircuts for a male getting as little cut as as I was is just ridiculous.

I tried going to a few chain places and they just couldn't get it right. I only had luck going to Black barbers and it's WAY too much of a hassle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOphil (Post 64249)
I've been buzzing/shaving my own head since like '08. Who cares if it's cheap you look cool! lol

Same here, actually since more like 2006 for me.

-Alex

garner 02-11-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 64019)
LOl I bet you dont even tip at Sonic?

You can tip at sonic? Lol never knew that

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 64051)
No, most kids nowadays I feel go into waiting staff positions thinking they can do very minimal, subpar to okay service, and they still expect to see a tip, a nice one, at the end of the meal, because it's customary to tip well. It's the entitlement issue again. They think they deserve a tip no matter how bad they are.

This! Most the people I see on my social media networks complaining about tips(or lack thereof) are the ones that give crappy service and expect 15% minimum.

Most of the time I'll give 15% if it's good service, and more for great service. Unless it's my sister, then she gets 0 lmao.

M3AN 1 02-11-2014 11:43 PM

I normally do 15-18%. 5-10% for crap service.
Only 1 time did I not leave a tip.