Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   VMP TVS install (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3036)

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 12:51 PM

VMP TVS install

I took the pics in the order of how the parts where installed, but didn't make comments on each pic as they're pretty self explanatory. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/ryd...?sort=2&page=1

DirtyD 11-04-2013 12:56 PM

Turned out good!

Justin doing the tune as well?

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 01:13 PM

Yes, you have to do some data logging on the initial baseline tune he sends you, then he'll make adjustments to it based on those results. So far I've been very happy with it.

Grandpa 11-04-2013 02:17 PM

Nice. Pretty easy install since it has the plug n play harnesses? (other than the grinding obviously)

maxpayne 11-04-2013 02:30 PM

Wow - Looks great! And, I am sure it will perform even better.

Quick question - based on the research you have completed, is the TVS SC the easiest to install and the best plug/play supercharged out there?

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 02:32 PM

Yes, I would recommend buying the wiring harness for sure! It's simple plug and play with the exception of one wire. You have to take a wire out of one of the ECU wiring harnesses and solder on a another wire (piggy back). I almost bent the pin trying to get it out of the harness. Then I got a razor blade and sliced a section of the wire jacket off, leaving the pin inside the harness, then soldered the wire on. Other than that and the grinding it was a pretty straight forward install.

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 02:33 PM

@maxpayne No I think the easiest to install would be the Procharger (centrifugal) I don't think you have to do anything to it. Bolts right on. But I wanted the TVS solution. I was torn between the VMP TVS and a Kenne Bell 2.8lc mammoth. It was the custom tuning that's included that swung me. With the KB I think they give you a baseline tune only.

Grandpa 11-04-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydawg1 (Post 55270)
Yes, I would recommend buying the wiring harness for sure! It's simple plug and play with the exception of one wire. You have to take a wire out of one of the ECU wiring harnesses and solder on a another wire (piggy back). I almost bent the pin trying to get it out of the harness. Then I got a razor blade and sliced a section of the wire jacket off, leaving the pin inside the harness, then soldered the wire on. Other than that and the grinding it was a pretty straight forward install.

Good to hear. Please post up some videos once you get her tuned up.

Which pulley did you go with? Did you do the upgraded fans too?

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 02:38 PM

Yes I went with the stage 2 kit w/dual fan heat exchange and an 82mm pulley.

Grandpa 11-04-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydawg1 (Post 55274)
Yes I went with the stage 2 kit w/dual fan heat exchange and an 82mm pulley.

That is the same set up I'm interested in. Keep us updated with your driving impressions once it's tuned. :)

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 02:57 PM

It's tuned. I sent off my data logs on Wednesday of last week. Installed the revised tune. He asked for another set of WOT pulls to be data logged and I asked him to put me in the "middle of the road" on my tune. I didn't want to be too aggressive, moderate is probably the best word. I'm at 13° advanced timing on 93 octane. So far I love it, took out and cruised around most of the weekend. It behaves no different than stock cruising around town, but when you floor it, that's a different story.

Grandpa 11-04-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydawg1 (Post 55279)
It's tuned. I sent off my data logs on Wednesday of last week. Installed the revised tune. He asked for another set of WOT pulls to be data logged and I asked him to put me in the "middle of the road" on my tune. I didn't want to be too aggressive, moderate is probably the best word. I'm at 13° advanced timing on 93 octane. So far I love it, took out and cruised around most of the weekend. It behaves no different than stock cruising around town, but when you floor it, that's a different story.

Awesome. Congrats. Hope you make it to a meet, I'd like to check it out. :)

JDBishopArts 11-04-2013 03:48 PM

Depending on what your A/F is 13° is way way way conservative. I was at 15° and made 535 with a 11.4 A/F. We bumped it to 16.5° and it's still in the conservative range.

Rydawg1 11-04-2013 04:34 PM

What pulley size are you running? I was going to try and attach my .csv but it exceeds the size limit.

JDBishopArts 11-04-2013 04:47 PM

82mm