Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2016 GT350 revealed. And its everything we've wanted! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4717)

Kaane 11-18-2014 10:26 AM

It will be 5-10k more than a gt500, so I am guessing 70k base.

Grandpa 11-18-2014 10:36 AM

It sounds decent. It's still ugly though. lol

Grandpa 11-18-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 76144)
I'm not misinformed. I'm stating a fact that was said by Caddy's new president to Motortrend. Caddy also said they will no longer undercut in pricing moving forward because they feel their products are better or just as good as the competition. Google it!

LOL, yeah because everything on the net is true. How about you provide a link where you found this information? I'd like to read it. I find it difficult to believe that the CTS-V is going from a 70k MSRP to a 100K MSRP. A 30k jump?

blownaltered 11-18-2014 01:55 PM

I actually like the looks of it, I like the changes they made to it. Would I spend 60k plus on it, hell no. There are a ton of cars out there I would by before that one, used of course.

STROKD 11-18-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 76144)
I'm not misinformed. I'm stating a fact that was said by Caddy's new president to Motortrend. Caddy also said they will no longer undercut in pricing moving forward because they feel their products are better or just as good as the competition. Google it!

Caddy president needs fired. No offense, its not as good as the Germans. The V is faster, sure, but fit and finish is not a BMW or MB, and esp not what comes from the UK.

Thats like saying the Corvette is just as good as a Porsche or Ferrari/Lambo. I dont understand thr American proud attitude. We build janky shit, it should cost less than Euro shit. Lol

BlackStang08 11-18-2014 10:12 PM

The new GT350 is badass! Looks amazing, and sounds amazing!

BlackStang08 11-18-2014 11:00 PM

Pics were too big.

Mustangdude72 11-20-2014 05:33 PM

in the interview with Jamal Hameedi, the lead engineer on the car he said that price and affordability were priorities, and that people would be surpised by the price when the numbers come to light, I dont see why its hard to believe that this will fall in between Boss 302 and gt500 pricing, I get where the $60-70K base msrp crowd is coming from but I think ford would be losing too many potential buyers at that price,

BlackStang08 11-20-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustangdude72 (Post 76189)
in the interview with Jamal Hameedi, the lead engineer on the car he said that price and affordability were priorities, and that people would be surpised by the price when the numbers come to light, I dont see why its hard to believe that this will fall in between Boss 302 and gt500 pricing, I get where the $60-70K base msrp crowd is coming from but I think ford would be losing too many potential buyers at that price,

Do you have a link to the interview?

I don't think potential buyers is an issue at any price point if the plan is to limit the number of GT350's produced. There are people from everywhere wanting this car or wanting to see this car, drive it etc and people will open their wallets.

I read some feedback and some of the BMW guys that were waiting for the M4 want the GT350 now. Even the exotic car owners feedback was that they want to see this car. Ford is hitting more than just "us" guys, and are appealing to a whole different type of car person..

Mustangdude72 11-20-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 76190)

I don't think potential buyers is an issue at any price point if the plan is to limit the number of GT350's produced. There are people from everywhere wanting this car or wanting to see this car, drive it etc and people will open their wallets.

I read some feedback and some of the BMW guys that were waiting for the M4 want the GT350 now. Even the exotic car owners feedback was that they want to see this car. Ford is hitting more than just "us" guys, and are appealing to a whole different type of car person..

True but still ford reputation for coming in at lower than expected has me hopeful as i want to own one of these as soon as their available, heres the interview not a video just a Q&A http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...t350-6265.html

BERT 11-20-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 76190)

I'll believe this when I see/hear it

BLK2012GT 11-20-2014 09:52 PM

Steve has been hanging around to many DR people way too long. I liked you more when you liked mustangs and didn't have a POS chevy thinking it can dominate every 5.0 on the road.

Grandpa 11-20-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76197)
Steve has been hanging around to many DR people way too long. I liked you more when you liked mustangs and didn't have a POS chevy thinking it can dominate every 5.0 on the road.

I still like Mustangs. They are good cruisers and can look really good. But you cant sit there an honestly say that Mustangs are the way to go if you want a fast street car. There is a reason why Mustangs require so much more power in order to hang.

Besides, im just expressing my opinion from my expierence. Ive far more enjoyed my time with GM stuff than I did my mod motor cars. None of the shop garbage, no tuner issues, no nonsense handheld programmer problems, no worries about block integrity etc.

I still have a mod motored Stang and its been the best car we have ever owned never giving us a single problem. Everyone once in awhile Ive considering building the motor and putting twins on it, but then i look around the Mustang scene and see all the reasons why mod motored Mustangs arent worth trying to make BIG power with. The reason why our Stang has been so great, cuz its never been fucked with.

Mod motored Mustangs are great as long the goal is 600 or below. Anything more than that you are playing with fire in my opinion. My goals go beyond that. My daily V will make more than that and my new toy will make beyond that.

BLK2012GT 11-20-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76201)
I still like Mustangs. They are good cruisers and can look really good. But you cant sit there an honestly say that Mustangs are the way to go if you want a fast street car. There is a reason why Mustangs require so much more power in order to hang.

Besides, im just expressing my opinion from my expierence. Ive far more enjoyed my time with GM stuff than I did my mod motor cars. None of the shop garbage, no tuner issues, no nonsense handheld programmer problems, no worries about block integrity etc.

I still have a mod motored Stang and its been the best car we have ever owned never giving us a single problem. Everyone once in awhile Ive considering building the motor and putting twins on it, but then i look around the Mustang scene and see all the reasons why mod motored Mustangs arent worth trying to make BIG power with. The reason why our Stang has been so great, cuz its never been fucked with.

Mod motored Mustangs are great as long the goal is 600 or below. Anything more than that you are playing with fire in my opinion. My goals go beyond that. My daily V will make more than that and my new toy will make beyond that.

Little mod motor makes 600 plus NA. Can any GM small engine can do that? Nope, does my mustang have any recalls? Nope. Have fun with buddy. Lol

Mustangdude72 11-20-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 76204)
Little mod motor makes 600 plus NA. Can any GM small engine can do that? Nope, does my mustang have any recalls? Nope. Have fun with buddy. Lol

U guys really got sum brotherly love goin on huh?