Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Too Loud? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4709)

Paulmoto24 11-11-2014 09:36 PM

Too Loud?

Im looking at MBRP "race" cat-back exhaust. I curious how loud it really is? Im not real up to date on the new mustangs. How is it comparable to an older mustang with the traditional off-road H-pipe and flow master?

5.0forLIFE 11-12-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulmoto24 (Post 76006)
Im looking at MBRP "race" cat-back exhaust. I curious how loud it really is? Im not real up to date on the new mustangs. How is it comparable to an older mustang with the traditional off-road H-pipe and flow master?

Everyone within half a mile will know when you step on it for sure. Very load. Videos on YouTube dont do the loudness justice. Midnight11 on this forum has them and every time I see him pass by I know just by the exhaust.

Stangmaster281 11-12-2014 01:55 AM

I thought he had the Bassani catback, and Mbrenin was the only one with the MBRP catback. I could be wrong tho, and yes....the catback is pretty loud without cats.

5.0forLIFE 11-12-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 (Post 76026)
I thought he had the Bassani catback, and Mbrenin was the only one with the MBRP catback. I could be wrong tho, and yes....the catback is pretty loud without cats.

Is Mbrenin the one with the white 5.0 and copper wheels?

blownaltered 11-12-2014 07:03 PM

Face it all new 5.0s sound like asshole. I haven't heard one yet that sounds good. I take that back I like Kevin's car because you can't fucking hear it.

STROKD 11-12-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76038)
Face it all new 5.0s sound like asshole. I haven't heard one yet that sounds good. I take that back I like Kevin's car because you can't fucking hear it.

This. They do sound better than 4.slow 2/3 valve cars, just barely.

BlackStang08 11-12-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Disagree there. The Roush exhaust on the 5.0 sounds amazing. Maybe you are thinking of the vettes? I did hear a 5.0 with no cats and some kind of exhaust and it was loud, and sounded like dog crap though.

blownaltered 11-13-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 76040)
Disagree there. The Roush exhaust on the 5.0 sounds amazing. Maybe you are thinking of the vettes? I did hear a 5.0 with no cats and some kind of exhaust and it was loud, and sounded like dog crap though.

Are you on fucking drugs, thinking the coyote sounds better than a vette. Not even in the same league. Trust me I've heard pretty much every exhaust system made for the 5.0 and they all sound like crap. There has to be 40 5.0s at every Friday night meet and we all stand around bitching about how they sound. I know you own one so you take offense but when you finally decide to sell it you will realize how shitty they sound.

STROKD 11-13-2014 01:32 AM

Lol at donnie confusing a coyote for a vette. Anyone who thinks vettes sound bad is a fucken retard. A c5/6 is one of the best sounding cars on the street. Period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a mustang fanboi.

blownaltered 11-13-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 76043)
Lol at donnie confusing a coyote for a vette. Anyone who thinks vettes sound bad is a fucken retard. A c5/6 is one of the best sounding cars on the street. Period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a mustang fanboi.

Reread I didn't confuse anything with a vette

Grandpa 11-13-2014 10:49 AM

The new 5.0's have an odd firing order that make them sound like a boat in the water. I think us old school Mustang guys were spoiled by the best sounding Stangs ever in the Foxes. You didn't even need to see the car to know it was a Fox with that classic offroads with Flowmaster exhaust. Easily the best sounding Stangs ever.

BERT 11-13-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 76046)
The new 5.0's have an odd firing order that make them sound like a boat in the water. I think us old school Mustang guys were spoiled by the best sounding Stangs ever in the Foxes. You didn't even need to see the car to know it was a Fox with that classic offroads with Flowmaster exhaust. Easily the best sounding Stangs ever.

Arguably one of the best sounding cars ever, not just stangs. Excluding exotics so don't even start

BERT 11-13-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

You sound like a bitter old fuck, you know that?

Grandpa 11-13-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 76048)
You sound like a bitter old fuck, you know that?

He is a bitter old fuck, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. lol

BlackStang08 11-13-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 76042)
Are you on fucking drugs, thinking the coyote sounds better than a vette. Not even in the same league. Trust me I've heard pretty much every exhaust system made for the 5.0 and they all sound like crap. There has to be 40 5.0s at every Friday night meet and we all stand around bitching about how they sound. I know you own one so you take offense but when you finally decide to sell it you will realize how shitty they sound.

LOL. I don't own a 5.0 and I never said they sounded better than a vette. I just had a feeling I would ruffle some feathers. And I still think the Roush exhaust with stock cats sounds good. Which 5.0 do you have?