Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Any gtg's coming up in the N. Dallas suburbs? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=494)

STROKD 10-10-2012 10:11 AM

Any gtg's coming up in the N. Dallas suburbs?

Would like to get the car out of the garage and get a few miles on it, but too scared to drive it far on one trip and cost a ton to tow back.

Anything coming up in the N Dallas, Wylie, Murphy, Allen, Plano, McKinney etc areas? I tried to make the dyno at TS with it, but didn't get it running till almost midnight the day of, and it wasn't idling for shit untill yesterday.

11bangbang 10-10-2012 10:16 AM

I'm interested in this as well, I need to get out of the house...

Midnight11 10-10-2012 10:30 AM

We are shooting for a g2g around the end of the month

Grandpa 10-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 7056)
We are shooting for a g2g around the end of the month

The sooner the better in my opinion. The weekends will start having Halloween parties making difficult for people to make it to a gtg. Next year i will throw a party for the regular members to attend. :)

Midnight11 10-10-2012 11:29 AM

Next weekend works for me I think. Idk what my schedule will be at Carmax yet

Phuck Phace 10-10-2012 11:38 AM

I'm in.

Bearded Banger 10-10-2012 12:25 PM

I'm in. Still think a park gtg would be cool. We can grill and families could go as there would be activities for kids. If the weather is good obviously.

Midnight11 10-10-2012 12:52 PM

i do like that idea. River Legacy in arlington

03MachMe 10-10-2012 01:11 PM

haha thats not really N. Dallas area

I can stop by if it is during the day. If your wanting to do an evening thing I will prolly be working

Midnight11 10-10-2012 01:13 PM

haha i know. whatever gets the most votes is fine with me :D

03MachMe 10-10-2012 01:16 PM

depends on the time. If you have it at a park in Richardson I can stop by. Heights Park in Richardson has covered patios large parking lot and usually not may people.

Grandpa 10-10-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearded Banger (Post 7068)
I'm in. Still think a park gtg would be cool. We can grill and families could go as there would be activities for kids. If the weather is good obviously.

I agree. I could talk my wife into driving her Mach out for that and hang out with us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 7076)
depends on the time. If you have it at a park in Richardson I can stop by. Heights Park in Richardson has covered patios large parking lot and usually not may people.

That sounds cool to me. Is there plenty of safe parking for the Stangs? It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to have it in your city. Guarantees us no harrassment from local authorities! :D

03MachMe 10-10-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 7092)
I agree. I could talk my wife into driving her Mach out for that and hang out with us.

That sounds cool to me. Is there plenty of safe parking for the Stangs? It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to have it in your city. Guarantees us no harrassment from local authorities! :D

yea plenty of parking. and cant Guarantee no harassment but only time we ever get a complaint over there is if it goes late and have really loud music.

Grandpa 10-10-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 7094)
yea plenty of parking. and cant Guarantee no harassment but only time we ever get a complaint over there is if it goes late and have really loud music.

It will most likely be an afternoon/lunch time event that way everyone can still have their evening plans and it will be getting cool in the evenings here before long too.

The only noise will be the cars (Caleb and Dave's got damn loud ass cars. lol) I can sneak in like a ninja. :D

STROKD 10-10-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 7096)
It will most likely be an afternoon/lunch time event that way everyone can still have their evening plans and it will be getting cool in the evenings here before long too.

The only noise will be the cars (Caleb and Dave's got damn loud ass cars. lol) I can sneak in like a ninja. :D

I'm almost certain I won't be sneaking in... That turbo grey 05ish car at the dyno has me covered in volume though. Ha