Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Procharger on Coyote? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=438)

Grandpa 09-30-2012 04:18 PM

Procharger on Coyote?

With all the the superchargers mentioned on the site, I realized looking around that no one really mentions the Procharger anymore.

Does anyone have a Procharger, or know someone with one? Any reviews/video with them on our cars?

Just doing a lil research and I'm curious about all the options available.

PLASMAN 09-30-2012 04:38 PM

I've seen a couple on coyotes over at HPP running 9's. they are beasts

Midnight11 09-30-2012 04:40 PM

i know one guy who is running their system :D

Grandpa 09-30-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 6161)
i know one guy who is running their system :D

Spill it, punk.

Midnight11 09-30-2012 04:41 PM

ill let him tell you. this is why you need a fb lol

Grandpa 09-30-2012 04:59 PM

I'm just looking for more information on them on our cars specifically. A good friend of mine had a F1A on his 2V car which made 600rw on pump gas which is good power for a lame 2V motor. Before that he had a P1SC that ate itself at 450rw. lol.

I saw a video on YouTube saying that they didn't have to cut anything on the bumper for the intercooler with the Procharger kit. I wonder what the difference is between the Vortech cooler and the Procharger is.

I'm wondering how much the intercooler sitting in front of the radatior impedes airflow effecting under the hood air temps. Also, the air filter placement under the hood has me concerned, I'm wondering how it's getting cool air being back by the firewall?

Toby 09-30-2012 05:18 PM

I will be installing one here soon. They make really good power on these cars. As most know they act like a turbo in the sense they make really good mid - top end power. Procharger is my personal power adder of choice. Imo procharger is a much better option over vortech. I have seen more power out of procharger over vortech apple's to apple's. There is cutting of the bumper to install them. Also I have heard of no issues with heating even in stop and go Texas heat.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 6165)
I will be installing one here soon. They make really good power on these cars. As most know they act like a turbo in the sense they make really good mid - top end power. Procharger is my personal power adder of choice. Imo procharger is a much better option over vortech. I have seen more power out of procharger over vortech apple's to apple's.

What do you like more about the Procharger over the Vortech?

DirtyD 09-30-2012 05:22 PM

There are a few PC guys over on SVTP, aren't there?

whiteboy 09-30-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6164)
I'm just looking for more information on them on our cars specifically. A good friend of mine had a F1A on his 2V car which made 600rw on pump gas which is good power for a lame 2V motor. Before that he had a P1SC that ate itself at 450rw. lol.

I saw a video on YouTube saying that they didn't have to cut anything on the bumper for the intercooler with the Procharger kit. I wonder what the difference is between the Vortech cooler and the Procharger is.

I'm wondering how much the intercooler sitting in front of the radatior impedes airflow effecting under the hood air temps. Also, the air filter placement under the hood has me concerned, I'm wondering how it's getting cool air being back by the firewall?

I know of a shop thats doing the install of a Procharger next week stage 2 kit on a 5.0

I wish i could afford one.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteboy (Post 6168)
i know of a shop thats doing the install of a procharger next week stage 2 kit on a 5.0

i wish i could afford one.

lol!

Grandpa 09-30-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 6167)
There are a few PC guys over on SVTP, aren't there?

Yeah, but most people are into just bragging about peak dyno numbers and not really discussing the technical stuff about the kits(probably cuz they don't know anything). I'd like to see a local one for myself to check it out. TS is a Procharger dealer and realized I hadn't seen much on these cars with them.

I loved my Vortech, it never gave me a single problem in the years I had it. It was really a set it and forget it type setup that was a lot of fun.

Toby 09-30-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6166)
What do you like more about the Procharger over the Vortech?

On a street driven car, I prefer the a/a intercooler rather then the a/w. The ease of installationis much better then vortech. Out of the kits I have installed the procharger brackets are much stronger one piece design.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 6171)
On a street driven car, I prefer the a/a intercooler rather then the a/w. The ease of installationis much better then vortech. Out of the kits I have installed the procharger brackets are much stronger one piece design.

You don't find the placement of the intake on the Procharger a concern?

Phuck Phace 09-30-2012 07:03 PM

I know that TS is throwing a stage II kit with a D1 on a California Special in a few weeks.
True Story

BLK2012GT 09-30-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6175)
I know that TS is throwing a stage II kit with a D1 on a California Special in a few weeks.
True Story

God I hope you won't be driving that thing drunk when that is done.

Grandpa 09-30-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6175)
True Story

So I heard.. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6180)

Tru dat. Drunk driving is never cool, but it's even more dumb in a 600rw car.

Phuck Phace 09-30-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6180)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6182)
So I heard.. ;)

Yeah, time to party less and work on makin more moneys instead.:hump:

Grandpa 09-30-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6184)
Yeah, time to party less and work on makin more moneys instead.:hump:

Bro, we are practically neighbors. If you EVER need a ride, call me and I will come get you. That's what buddies are for. :)

Phuck Phace 09-30-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6185)
Bro, we are practically neighbors. If you EVER need a ride, call me and I will come get you. That's what buddies are for. :)

:cheers:

Toby 09-30-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6172)
You don't find the placement of the intake on the Procharger a concern?

No, the air flow under the hood of cars these days, help with that much better then before. Procharger does extensive testing with their kits. If it were hurting im sure they would change the design.

Toby 09-30-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6182)
So I heard.. ;)

600????

:smiley-face-popcorn

BLK2012GT 09-30-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby (Post 6188)
600????

:smiley-face-popcorn

Just make sure my car makes more then David after your done with the cams swap.

Phuck Phace 09-30-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6192)
Just make sure my car makes more then David after your done with the cams swap.

LMAO, should be a good race...

...till your bottle runs out. :winner_second_h4h:

BLK2012GT 09-30-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6193)

It will never run out. I'm going to get two of the big ones.

whiteboy 09-30-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6169)
lol!

Whats funny?

03MachMe 10-01-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6185)

same here!

Grandpa 10-01-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6193)

He wins at the track, you murder him on the street.

Bottles are for babies..

BLK2012GT 10-01-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6210)

Bottles are for babies..

And the track is the only thing that matters right?!?!?

Phuck Phace 10-01-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6210)

Bottles are for babies..

A pulley change can fix that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6236)

Do you live your life a quarter mile at a time, Vin?

Grandpa 10-01-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6236)

I dunno about you, but my car sees the street more than the track. I doubt i will ever run this car at the track as a matter of fact. Lol

downtime! 10-02-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 6241)
I dunno about you, but my car sees the street more than the track. I doubt i will ever run this car at the track as a matter of fact. Lol

I said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 07:37 AM

Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 6204)
same here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6261)
Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.

You will go turbo but not centri?

BLK2012GT 10-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6238)
A pulley change can fix that.

Do you live your life a quarter mile at a time, Vin?

And I pill change will beat out your pulley change.:favorites37:

JDBishopArts 10-02-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 6264)

You will go turbo but not centri?

Unless I go big and get an F1 I most likely will not go centri. The F1 shouldn't have any problems getting spooled up with the high revving 5.0. Turbos will take less power to make power, which makes them more efficient, seem to produce more torque (less engine strain) with a broader usable power band. Not to mention the sound it makes is sent from the God's. To me the whistle from the Centri's is just annoying. Unless it's the F1 which sounds like a jet.

Not knocking the centri's at all. They are great for making power, easy to install/tune and are pretty affordable. I feel like if I just wanted that I'd put a bottle on it. The TVS or Whipple has the fun factor low end punch.

All just my opinions.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 6260)
I said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.

Years ago I was a track rat taking my fox coupe to the track. No doubt about it, it was fun, but it was also expensive because that was where I broke shit. hahaha. But even more so, it was a lot of time which I don't have anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6261)

Centri blowers are fun too. It just depends on how you are using them. I had a Vortech on my 93 Cobra and it was a lot of fun to drive. It MPH'd really well, just really had to spin some RPM to do it. I understand your point though, after driving the 98, it's really hard not to love the instant torque of a PD blower.It was a stupid amount of fun when I got that car tuned right. lol.

KB/Roush - Pro: instant torque powerband. Near silent stealth like sound to it.

Con: At least $2500 more expensive than a Vortech. KB's customer service is less than stellar. I've never had either one to know how long it's going to last. More difficult to install.

Vortech - Pro: I've owned before. Dead reliable for thousands of miles. Much cheaper and easier to install.

Con: A lil loud, builds boost as RPM climbs rather than instant boost of a roots blower.

Right now, I keep going back and forth which way to go but I've got plenty of time to make that decision. lol.

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 6268)
And I pill change will beat out your pulley change.:favorites37:

Nitrous you have to constantly monitor bottle pressure and temps, how much juice in the bottle, there is no feathering juice, it's either on or off and juice runs out.

Boost is always on tap, ready to go.

Eventually you will swap to boost when you get tired of getting drug by boosted cars and dealing with the complications of having a bottled street car. Mark my words. ;)

Grandpa 10-02-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6269)
Unless I go big and get an F1 I most likely will not go centri. The F1 shouldn't have any problems getting spooled up with the high revving 5.0. Turbos will take less power to make power, which makes them more efficient, seem to produce more torque (less engine strain) with a broader usable power band. Not to mention the sound it makes is sent from the God's. To me the whistle from the Centri's is just annoying. Unless it's the F1 which sounds like a jet.

Not knocking the centri's at all. They are great for making power, easy to install/tune and are pretty affordable. I feel like if I just wanted that I'd put a bottle on it. The TVS or Whipple has the fun factor low end punch.

All just my opinions.

Take it from me, while the F series head units sound insane, that fun last for all of a few weeks then you are just downright fucking annoyed by it. My buddy Donnie had a F1A on his car and it sounded like a gawd damn jet plane. It was cool at first, but then cruising anywhere with him after while just gave me a headache cuz it was SO loud. His wife wouldn't even ride in the car with him. lol.

Phuck Phace 10-02-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 6269)

All just my opinions.

Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.