Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Lucille's dyno numbers (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4169)

Dark Pony 05-17-2014 03:00 PM

Lucille's dyno numbers

I was hoping for a little more, but considering it's a stock motor, boost, fuel system and stock oil pump gears, I'm happy with it! Kevin did a great job. The A/F is perfect and the car is doing exactly what we're commanding. I know I can add a few more degrees of timing and get 640-650 out of it, but it's not worth it to make the car live for a good while.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/...psplxklszy.jpg

downtime! 05-17-2014 03:03 PM

Nice! Get comfortable with her now and she's a mid to high 10 second car all day long.

Dark Pony 05-17-2014 03:12 PM

Yes sir

JDMLOL 05-17-2014 03:52 PM

This is on E85, right?

Gottop 05-17-2014 03:52 PM

Dumb question. What did you put on it?

Dark Pony 05-17-2014 04:00 PM

Yes, E85. It's a 2.8 KB

Grandpa 05-17-2014 05:00 PM

Cool. Cant wait to run ya. =)

5PointSlow 05-17-2014 09:10 PM

How much boost?

Dark Pony 05-17-2014 09:20 PM

10 psi

Zeek 05-17-2014 10:07 PM

Can't wait to drag you. I'm getting switched back to only Sundays off starting next week.

Dark Pony 05-17-2014 10:08 PM

We'll see about that

Grandpa 05-17-2014 10:12 PM

Zeek by 2+ and thats on motor. If Zeek was spraying it would be 2+ bus lengths. Lmao

Dark Pony 05-17-2014 10:13 PM

Thanks for your input Steve. I couldn't live without it.

Zeek 05-17-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71865)
Zeek by 2+ and thats on motor. If Zeek was spraying it would be 2+ bus lengths. Lmao

I'd like to know what that GT500 has done exactly so then i'd have a comparison. But unless Darkpony posted sandbagging numbers I expect to beat him by 2+ :)

Grandpa 05-17-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 71866)
Thanks for your input Steve. I couldn't live without it.

Dont take it personally. Your car is probably quick for what it is. It just takes alot for a Stang to overcome the Vette's advantages. A Stang needs to make about 150rw more to do so. If you hook and get a good jump it could be a good race!

5PointSlow 05-17-2014 11:13 PM

Stock air box and headers? Numbers seem pretty low for that boost so I can imagine the timing is extremely conservative.

Dark Pony 05-18-2014 09:03 AM

I'm not taking anything personally. I just don't think you're right. I had beat C6 Z's when I was N/A. I don't believe I'll get 2 car lengths put on me. If i do, so be it.

KB's don't have an air box. They have 4.5" ram air tube. The timing is very conservative. People who claim that it's low for what I have, don't realize I have the capability of adding timing through my handheld and making another 100 HP if I wanted...it's all just a number. I try not to place a big emphasis on a dyno number because it really doesn't matter. I just wanted to have an idea where I'm at.

Dominic Toretto 05-18-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71869)
Dont take it personally. Your car is probably quick for what it is. It just takes alot for a Stang to overcome the Vette's advantages. A Stang needs to make about 150rw more to do so. If you hook and get a good jump it could be a good race!

Stop telling the truth damnit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 71878)
I have the capability of adding timing through my handheld and making another 100 HP if I wanted...it's all just a number. I try not to place a big emphasis on a dyno number because it really doesn't matter. I just wanted to have an idea where I'm at.

Are you saying the amount of power the car makes doesn't matter in a race?

-Alex

Dark Pony 05-18-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 71882)
Stop telling the truth damnit!

-Alex

You obviously didn't comprehend what I said. You want a number? Shit, in 3 minutes my car can make 720HP...what the hell does it matter? This wasn't a "let's talk about racing other cars" thread. It was what my car makes on an extremely efficient and reliable tune.

fordplay 05-19-2014 07:36 AM

That's a perfect round number!! Nice.. it does take a lot to over come the corvette advantage. . I mean first they have the weight savings from those tiny penis. Then it's been proven if you have a button down shirt half open the airflow over that much chest hair gives a lower drag coefficient, combine that with a quart of 10w 30 in the hair or bald.. and that's a slick car.. furthermore the lack of a girl in the passenger seat and no extra seats for family.. (mostly from ED issues) and you have so many things to overcome.

Dark Pony 05-19-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 71901)
that's a perfect round number!! Nice.. It does take a lot to over come the corvette advantage. . I mean first they have the weight savings from those tiny penis. Then it's been proven if you have a button down shirt half open the airflow over that much chest hair gives a lower drag coefficient, combine that with a quart of 10w 30 in the hair or bald.. And that's a slick car.. Furthermore the lack of a girl in the passenger seat and no extra seats for family.. (mostly from ed issues) and you have so many things to overcome.

lmao

Zeek 05-19-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

That's a perfect round number!! Nice.. it does take a lot to over come the corvette advantage. . I mean first they have the weight savings from those tiny penis. Then it's been proven if you have a button down shirt half open the airflow over that much chest hair gives a lower drag coefficient, combine that with a quart of 10w 30 in the hair or bald.. and that's a slick car.. furthermore the lack of a girl in the passenger seat and no extra seats for family.. (mostly from ED issues) and you have so many things to overcome.

That's funny. It doesn't describe me at all.

DirtyD 05-19-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71869)
It just takes alot for a Stang to overcome the Vette's advantages. A Stang needs to make about 150rw more to do so.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...10/119/9b3.png

Quote:

:lol:

Grandpa 05-19-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 71904)

Ha! I'm just giving you guys with less street experience a lil heads up to go armed with some info. You guys can believe me, or don't, its all good. By all means, go out and give it a shot.

Dominic Toretto 05-19-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 71883)
You obviously didn't comprehend what I said. You want a number? Shit, in 3 minutes my car can make 720HP...what the hell does it matter? This wasn't a "let's talk about racing other cars" thread. It was what my car makes on an extremely efficient and reliable tune.

Yet the thread is titled "Lucille's Dyno Numbers" LOL. Apparently you didn't comprehend the title of your own thread.

I don't know who the fuck pissed in your Cheerios but, no need to be a dick about asking something relevant to the actual thread.

-Alex

DirtyD 05-19-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71905)
Ha! I'm just giving you guys with less street experience a lil heads up to go armed with some info. You guys can believe me, or don't, its all good. By all means, go out and give it a shot.

Just poking at you. Everyone knows what a heavy Mustang needs to really compete with a Vette. Not exactly rocket science. :)

rlhay2 05-19-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 71882)

In a manner, I will say "Yes!"
The peak point on a dyno sheet is nowhere near as critical as the area under the curve on the same dyno sheet.

As for the vs vette discussions; regardless of the advantages it still comes down to the drivers. As long as the cars are close in performance.

Dominic Toretto 05-19-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 71909)
In a manner, I will say "Yes!"
The peak point on a dyno sheet is nowhere near as critical as the area under the curve on the same dyno sheet.

I understand that but, I am not talking about peak only power. A dyno shows the power from 0rpm to redline.

-Alex

Grandpa 05-19-2014 11:09 AM

Peak numbers mean squat. There are a ton of variables that come into play when it comes to racing. My statement of a Stang needing an additional 150rw is a simplified way of putting it.

Jonathon's best chance to beat Zeek would be at the track forcing Zeek to attempt to launch the car without breaking the rear in the car. Otherwise he will have to leave soft and try to chase him down before the traps. By limiting the distance, it gives the Stang a good chance. However, on the street, from a roll with doing a full pull, the Stang is at a serious disadvantage due to power to weight, gearing and aerodynamics.

From a roll, Zeek NA to Jonathon's boost, it should be a decent race providing Jonathon has traction (which he should on those tires). The distance of the race will determine how many cars Zeek will put out front cuz the Vette will undoubtly backdoor the hell out of a blown Stang.

Zeek on spray, forget it. Someone should call the Homicide Unit cuz there would be a murder going down.

DirtyD 05-19-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71916)
Peak numbers mean squat. There are a ton of variables that come into play when it comes to racing. My statement of a Stang needing an additional 150rw is a simplified way of putting it.

Jonathon's best chance to beat Zeek would be at the track forcing Zeek to attempt to launch the car without breaking the rear in the car. Otherwise he will have to leave soft and try to chase him down before the traps. By limiting the distance, it gives the Stang a good chance. However, on the street, from a roll with doing a full pull, the Stang is at a serious disadvantage due to power to weight, gearing and aerodynamics.

From a roll, Zeek NA to Jonathon's boost, it should be a decent race providing Jonathon has traction (which he should on those tires). The distance of the race will determine how many cars Zeek will put out front cuz the Vette will undoubtly backdoor the hell out of a blown Stang.

Zeek on spray, forget it. Someone should call the Homicide Unit cuz there would be a murder going down.

Johnathan has swapped to 3.15 gears, so he will be able to hang in boost for a good while...may or may not help though, just throwing that out there.

Grandpa 05-19-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 71917)
Johnathan has swapped to 3.15 gears, so he will be able to hang in boost for a good while...may or may not help though, just throwing that out there.

Trans gears also play a big role in that as well, not just rear end gearing. A lot of 5.0's need to make a gear switch when going boosted because with stock gearing will either make you run out 4th or force you to throw 5th before the traps which either way slows you down. Switching to the 3.15's will certainly help him in that area.

DirtyD 05-19-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71918)
Trans gears also play a big role in that as well, not just rear end gearing. A lot of 5.0's need to make a gear switch when going boosted because with stock gearing will either make you run out 4th or force you to throw 5th before the traps which either way slows you down. Switching to the 3.15's will certainly help him in that area.

I think he said that he should be able to cross traps in the 130s in 4th, but not sure where in the RPM in 4th.

Mathwise, based on the tires he has (which I think are 275/60/15 M/Ts) and the gearing in the MT-82, 130 would be about 6500 RPM, so he has enough gear to stretch 140 in 4th, maybe even 145 if he runs it to 7200-7300.

Grandpa 05-19-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 71921)
I think he said that he should be able to cross traps in the 130s in 4th, but not sure where in the RPM in 4th.

Mathwise, based on the tires he has (which I think are 275/60/15 M/Ts) and the gearing in the MT-82, 130 would be about 6500 RPM, so he has enough gear to stretch 140 in 4th, maybe even 145 if he runs it to 7200-7300.

I have serious doubts that he will trap 130+. My guess would be 125-128 depending on the temp and DA.

DirtyD 05-19-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71922)
I have serious doubts that he will trap 130+. My guess would be 125-128 depending on the temp and DA.

Bryan trapped 130 a few times I think. Of course experience of driver may be the difference, but the car itself should be plenty capable.

Grandpa 05-19-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 71924)
Bryan trapped 130 a few times I think. Of course experience of driver may be the difference, but the car itself should be plenty capable.

Hopefully we will find out. It should run good. The trick will be finding the sweet spot of launching the car. Big tire with a twinscrew is a delicate balance. Needs more RPM to keep it from bogging, too much and it will blow tire.

LOL, the funny thing is that if it was an auto, no question the car would be damn fast at the track. The damn manual adds a lot of variables to it all.

Side note - Yesterday at the RR event, there was Two Mustangs that ran well and one which was JShoots Boss. Built motor, boost and a built auto and it ran well all day long going to the semi-finals. All the other faster cars there going into the late rounds - Vettes. ;)

BERT 05-19-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 71925)
Hopefully we will find out. It should run good. The trick will be finding the sweet spot of launching the car. Big tire with a twinscrew is a delicate balance. Needs more RPM to keep it from bogging, too much and it will blow tire.

LOL, the funny thing is that if it was an auto, no question the car would be damn fast at the track. The damn manual adds a lot of variables to it all.

Side note - Yesterday at the RR event, there was two Mustangs that ran well which one was JShoots Boss. Built motor, boost and a built auto and it ran well all day long going to the semi-finals. All the other faster cars there going into the late rounds - Vettes. ;)

Who won each class?

Zeek 05-19-2014 12:21 PM

Delrin -GT500 won B class
Vic - Grand sport won A class

Grandpa 05-19-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 71926)
Who won each class?

It was a dramatic ending, no surprise there. Vic and Lance (both Vettes) raced in the finals. The break out speed was 163mph, both cars ran 163.xx with Vic running the lesser break out speed making him the winner.

Sean B from TrueStreet came in 3rd (not breaking out) racing a Z06 with a 100 shot on it. He drove his ass off all day!

Delrin came back to win the other class in his red GT500. He tried to melt the damn thing to the ground though after making a pass at 111mph with no water in it. lmao.

BERT 05-19-2014 12:57 PM

What happened to JRod?

DirtyD 05-19-2014 01:06 PM

I've only heard him say "I'll be launching the piss out of this car." which was another reason he wanted a taller rear gear. lol

Glad that RR went down without a hitch. JShoots Boss is a beast. Drag is what limits him.