Thread: DUI's
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #48
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
To speak up from experience...

When I was 17 (turned 19 a few months ago) I made a bad decision to drink underage, then drive, and recieved a DUI minor. To be honest, the suthorities were not as harsh as they should have been. I posted a $519 bail and was out in a few hours. After completing 40 hours of community service and an alcohol awareness class, a $499 refund check was in my mail box.

No way in hell was that a harsh enough punishment. Since then, I have no had a single charge and have not driven drunk. Currently, I am on leave from basic training for HBL from Fort Sill. Yes, you can still get into the military with a DUI, it just depends on the situation. My life has turned around from what it was. Do I think I should have lost everything? Hell no. I learned my lesson.

It did not ruin my life, but it made things very tough and it put an unintended amount of stress of my family. All in all, I believe the driving while intoxicated laws are way too lax in this state.
Solid post. Thankd for being honest and sharing. Glad to see you learned from your mistake and you came out of it safe. It could have been MUCH worse.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote