View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #136
ProCharge5.0

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm not doggin your build bro. The purpose of the thread was to get more current info on the Procharger systems. My experience with them hasn't been totally positive in the past, but everyone improves with time, well usually. lol.

I'm open to anything, I just like to do my research on anything I do before doing it.

From past experience, what usually happened is the Procharger didn't make the initial power as advertised just bolting on in stock form. You call back to tech to find out what's up, they start pushing add on sales with more pullies, more boost. You're already in $5k deep, might as well try to pulley it up, right? Then it ends up overspinning it, more heat and blowing out the seals in the headunit. A certain P1SC completely ate itself, broke the impellar and pieces blew back into the motor causing a complete failure. Very, very expensive mistake. Ouch..
So how do you know if you are over spinning a blower? I bought my P1
used and it came with the smaller pulley. The shop said it was fine so I didn't worry about it.