View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Agrred thats what im trying to stay away from as well. Having owned alot of straight pipe cars it wears on your ears hearing it all the time. I though about the GT500 Over axle pipes to deete the resonator but decided that it will probally be to loud when I get my offroad H. Steve, is your car loud at WOT and how do you like the H vs the X?
I suppose it depends on what your personal definition of loud is. I think it sounds pretty good at WOT, but it's no where near as loud as some of these other guys cars who are really loud. An opinion of what is loud or what sounds good really comes down to personal preference. If I wanted a super loud race car sound, I would have just stuck with foxbodies. TO ME, I think it takes away from how nice these cars are when making them super loud.

I personally prefer the H pipe because of its deeper tone and less raspy noise. The H pipe gives the car more of a deep muscle car tone versus the X that gives a higher pitched tone. My wife's Mach has an X pipe and its quite abit more raspy, but that is in part of the 4.6 motor.

Of all the years of Mustangs I've had, I think these new 5.0's are the hardest to get to sound just right. I love the classic Flowmaster sound of the foxbodies. I've heard just about every combo possible for these new 5.0's and I think the OR-H/gt500 is about as close to that as you can get with these high winding multi-cam motors.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote