View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #78
Fair

Quick Update for 4/13/12: According to our latest update, the batch of 100qty D-Force 18x10" wheels is due to arrive any day now with April 20-25th being the arrival window. I know a lot of you have been very patient and we thank you... this production batch took months longer than we expected and I have clumps of hair missing, from sweating this shipment. However, these will be well worth the wait and fit both Mustang's and Subaru's (and potentially even more cars).

After seeing how well the car responded to bigger R compound tires in ESP, I went ahead and ordered a custom set of even larger race wheels to work with the set of 315/35/18 Kumho V710 R compounds we got back in January. Obviously I can't show up and run ESP on 7 year old crap tires again - that was just a quick test to see how the car handled and get my wife on board. It worked on many levels, and everything was much improved. Driving this car was a lot of fun in ESP, too. So the Mustang will be at the Mineral Wells ProSolo in a week on a more ESP-appropriate set of race wheels and tires, that should just barely fit inside the stock fenders. We spent some hours and found every last millimeter, I believe. I'll post pics of the new rolling stock during the ProSolo event next weekend (find then "like" Vorshlag on FB to see the pics days before I update this thread again), but just know this: this set is frakkin big.

So yea, I am bench racing a few other things that would be class legal if the car were to move into ESP say... more permanently. Some of you here reading this are more hooked into the "Mustang parts scene" than I am, so I'll run this one by you guys first.

One car that we're already using for the "update/backdate" bits (ESP) is the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Leguna Seca (whew, that's a mouth full). The OEM front splitter from that car is legal on the '10-12 Mustang in both STX and ESP trim, as are some other bits for ESP use.

Need to find these bits above

That next potential "update" to our car that could come from the Leguna Seca and would be ESP legal is the rear seat delete. I have come up short trying to find out more information about the X-brace, but I did see this entry online today for a "rear seat delete kit" at $149. Its made of wood (bah!) and carpet, so not a copy of the actual OEM Leguna Seca kit. The customer reviews are nearly all bad. Its 40 pounds lighter, which I cannot ignore. This $149 kit would be legal for StreetMod (where you can pull the rear seats in any 4 seat car), but not legal for ESP. To be legal in SP we would need the factory X-brace and the factory rear upholstery bits from the Leguna Seca as well.

Question: Anyone here got a line on the "real" Leguna Seca X-brace and rear upholstery kit? Please send me a PM if you know, thanks.

Some SP legal rear spoiler parts just arrived minutes ago. These are some stock car parts - nothing fancy or expensive. We'll modify them a bit to use a taller Lexan rear spoiler element. This saves us time in making the spoiler brackets, hopefully.

Again, only OEM update/backdate legal aero bits (none of which are worth a damn) or a up to 10" tall rear spoiler is allowed in ESP. I can't have that big LS front splitter without some sort of rear aero, so we'll get a rear spoiler installed next week before the Pro Solo event. The second trunk we got from an '11 GT matches perfectly and will be the one drilled for the spoiler.

I'll post up pics of the new wheels and rear spoiler during the week after the ProSolo, but on FB during the event.

More soon,