Thread: Cat deletion
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Im just curious because I see alotn of people selling them on here and craigslist with 1-3k miles.
In my opinion you see then for sale quite often is because most 5.0 owners aren't happy with just a mid pipe and a tune and most owners are going the full bolt on route due to blower kits being so expensive for these cars. In the process they are ditching the midpipes and going with longtubes headers.

This is true as well. Id rather have an H but, Im not gonna purchase one if its annoying to have it on your car. The power increase sounds great! I have Gt500 AB's so I now it wont be overly loud as Steve has the same setup. I wonder if people putting these on with other louder AB's are the cause for not keeping them long?
You're welcome to check out my car is you like before you buy. I'm happy as I can be with the way my car sounds. It sounds great at WOT, but not too loud or raspy. It's nice deep tone that is very manageable. In 5th gear it's a nice deep rumble, but no drone. In 6th it's very quiet still which is nice for those times you don't want to hear it much.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Probably. A lot of people out there with these cars have flow through mufflers, not baffled design, and so when they delete the cats, the sound level just becomes ridiculous with a capital R. But instead of giving up their sacred axlebacks, and finding a more suitable muffler, they just toss the mid-pipe.
I agree. These 5.0's aren't my favorite sounding Mustang to start with and very few set ups I find pleasing to the ears. The really loud ones are just obnoxious and sound like boats in the water. I really wish these cars sounded more like the 4.6's. My wife's Mach sounds amazing and wish my car sounded like her car.

I enjoy the smell as well lol! From what i was reading people were just saying how bad the smell wasand it got me to thinking. Yea Ive heard to always buy just the one peice MP to avoid leaking problems.
You also have to keep in mind that a lot of 5.0 owners are running junk email tunes that might not being running in optimial condition. My car doesn't stink at all.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote