Thread: Cat deletion
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #15
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
In my opinion you see then for sale quite often is because most 5.0 owners aren't happy with just a mid pipe and a tune and most owners are going the full bolt on route due to blower kits being so expensive for these cars. In the process they are ditching the midpipes and going with longtubes headers.

You're welcome to check out my car is you like before you buy. I'm happy as I can be with the way my car sounds. It sounds great at WOT, but not too loud or raspy. It's nice deep tone that is very manageable. In 5th gear it's a nice deep rumble, but no drone. In 6th it's very quiet still which is nice for those times you don't want to hear it much.

I agree. These 5.0's aren't my favorite sounding Mustang to start with and very few set ups I find pleasing to the ears. The really loud ones are just obnoxious and sound like boats in the water. I really wish these cars sounded more like the 4.6's. My wife's Mach sounds amazing and wish my car sounded like her car.

You also have to keep in mind that a lot of 5.0 owners are running junk email tunes that might not being running in optimial condition. My car doesn't stink at all.
I read awhile back (don't remember where) but the reason the new 5.0 sounds like it does is because it uses the firing order of the flathead V8, versus how the older mod motors jumped around with the "random" firing order.

I think the GT500 exhaust setup is the best one to mimick the old 5.0 sound. At least that's what I've had other buddies tell me.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote