Thread: Tipping
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
... besides DT, I didnt treat customers like crap, they just werent treated exceptionally. you yourself dont tip unless you get exceptional service. I didnt provide exceptional service when i knew I wasnt getting tipped... it goes both ways... these customers were 2 to 3 times a week, you remember the addresses where you got burned very quickly...
I didn't take any offense to what you stated. The way the idea of tipping is presented is that you have to do it or you're an asshole. Perhaps it is because I do not and have not worked in that field but, I don't think I am incorrect under the understanding that work is paid accordingly, whether it be terrible, subpar, average or above average. If I were a waiter, I'd do my damndest eact time to make sure I got a tip but, maybe that is easier said than done on every attempt.

Part of the reason I don't go to a lot of dine in restaurants. I don't want that being held against me if some waiter did average service and got pissed off that I didn't tip. Same thing applies to strip clubs. I just don't go. And dancers are more inclined to perform better since they have to pay to go work. So if they are terrible performers, they actually lose money. If that applied to waiters/waitresses I would bet that FAR better service and tips would be experienced.

Either way, a tip is just that, it's not entitled, just like my bonuses are not entitled to me, I just work hard to try to get them.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote