View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #22
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Are you guys seeing any issues with the 02's with the longtubes on these Coyote motors?
Funny you ask, http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=454

been a nightmare and $300 to get this mess fixed.

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
To a degree.....yes. If there is anything in common, maintenance wise, is I get calls about O2 codes. Typically with replaced headers, yes. But also those without. But keep in mind, no cats will kill them especially fast by comparison.

If you decide to change your sensors out, make sure they are OEM straight from Ford (not Bosh etc.) Tuning has shown us that the aftermarket sensors heat up and cool down just differently enough than OEM to possibly throw codes.
see link above,

OEM parts have their fair share of problems too, as ive never seen a car with 7k miles(my own)throw an 02 so early with simlpe bolt ons. Given the conditions of my situation i understand the cause, but upon purchase of another OEM replacement 02, it was faulty.

From this experience ive began to think its not the absence of cats causing the problem, but the placement of the 02's with LT's being further downstream. My issue was post cat so regardless of if cats were installed, i doubt it would have changed the issue.

Some food for thought for those of you lowered with longtubes, How close is your front 02 bungs to the ground? Connector placement?

Now compare to stock placement and connections. May be a reason for that?

Also i wanted to mention, my 11 SG car had an O/R pipe and stock headers tune and bolted @ 800 miles, never had one issue with the front 02's in 20K miles.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote