View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
A Paxton or a VMP TVS kit. A lot of it depends on personal preference of driving style and budget. You can get a Paxton kit from Beefcake pretty cheap, but by the time you add on all the other things you need to make good power and make it reliable you spend about the same as you would for a VMP kit that comes with everything you need.

Both kits also have their individual drawbacks. The VMP kit requires grinding the timing cover but is proven for at least 100k miles and then some. You can run a VMP kit the way it comes and be safe and upgrade as you go with other pullies.

The Paxton kit on the other hand can be a pain the ass if you don't buy everything need up front. The tank that comes with the Paxton leaks so you have to buy one from JPC or Moroso etc. Also, if you run the stock fan it's a really, really tight fit that could cause problems later so a lot of people will run a slim fan. You will also need a BAP with a Paxton to where with the VMP you don't need one.

Some like the Procharger D1, but it has its problems with the MAF placement, but it's moderately easy to install. I'm not a fan of Procharger personally. Their customer service sucks and the P1sc unit is a timebomb.

Of the three, the Paxton has the most power potential with the ability to make over a 1000rw, but of course that would require a full build.

If moderate power is what you are after (600rw-800rw) then I would say the TVS all the way.

Personally, I'd say the TVS is the way to go.
Curious why with a TVS do you not need a BAP? Does the TVS kit provide new pumps?

On another note I've heard the TVS kits tend to be a bit more efficient than the Whipple or KBs if that holds any significance for ya. Whipple I think i've heard is the most expensive.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote