View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Curious why with a TVS do you not need a BAP? Does the TVS kit provide new pumps?

On another note I've heard the TVS kits tend to be a bit more efficient than the Whipple or KBs if that holds any significance for ya. Whipple I think i've heard is the most expensive.
The TVS just isn't as taxing on the fuel system and a centri unit is.

The Whipple's and KB's are the most expensive kits. They have more growth potential than a TVS down the road if a full build is planned at some point. But on a stock type setup they don't make as much power because they have to be held back.

Honestly, all the kits available are more than enough to destroy the stock motors. You just gotta think ahead of what you want out of your car.

Another thing I like about the VMP kit is that all the wiring is a plug n play style and you don't have to splice up the wiring on your car. That way if you ever want to put it back to stock with won't be such a pain in the ass.

Originally Posted by Hagen3great View Post
Ive got a vortech v3 with stock pully beefcake special (similar to paxton) and love it. Sometimes I wonder what a tvs would be like having that extra low-mid torque but it never fails to bring a smile. It would help if you could test drive both styles and see which you prefer.
I agree. Both are really fun to drive, it comes down to personal preference and how the car is intended to be driven most often.

I've owned both style of blowers. Both are a lot of fun to drive, but for the way I like to drive, I prefer the roots style blowers for the low-mid range torque around town. It just makes it a blast to drive. I don't usually drive my car at real high RPM's and don't race as much as I used to. I really enjoy the country twisty backroads and the low range torque from the TVS is more suited for that type of driving.

If you are a track rat and want to go fast easy - auto with a Paxton, convertor, exhaust and a good tire = easy 10 second car all day long.

If you want a car that does it all = Hellion Twin Turbo kit.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote