Thread: Engine click
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
JDMLOL

Default Engine click

Originally Posted by Kaane View Post
What kind of tick do you have? Because there is more than one with different causes for each. Is it a ignitor like tick with irregular pattern? or is it consistent and regular?

I'd still have them look at the tensioners if it is ignitor like tick, get a stethoscope and listen around to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

Ignitor tick, irregular at idle, from the passenger's side. After warm up and more apparent right after oil changes (I've read where others noticed it more after oil changes as well). I've also read and heard about several people having their f150 or mustang torn completely down and nothing was found. It gets more consistent up until about 1200 rpm then goes away completely. No scratching noise as if the chain is rubbing against the cover or anything.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 04-18-2014 at 10:20 AM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote