View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #38
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
Dyno Day Sunday will probably be full of 5.0 guys that spent the last several months smearing TS all over facebook.

Anytime you decide to modify your system in order to operate outside of its design parameters there is a probability of failure. I have no opinion because I haven't done business with them. But I know a couple of people who have and they haven't had any bad experiences. Plus I'm not exactly pushing the envelope with the few minor bolt-ons that I have so the probability of blowing my shit up would not be as high as most people. But that's the risk I take by strapping it to a dyno in the first place.

I'd go just to look at cars, meet people, and donate a toy for a good cause if I didn't already have plans. I was planning on going when I heard about it a couple of weeks ago because it was supposed to be on Saturday but was moved because of the weather.
Well on your second paragraph I agree to a point. I understand that when you go beyond the boundaries of a engine then yes shit will fuck up. But when you pay A LOT of money to a shop that supposedly said these parts can handle it and they can install everything correctly and tune it correctly and blew up engines after engines. You can only blame yourself so much until you point your fingers at the shop you are paying.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote