Thread: Tx2k13
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #15
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
You have got to be kidding. Matt, even a experienced, trained, professional driver is not going to be highly profient in a uncontrolled enviorment like racing on a public highway. Anything from a blown tire, unlevel pavement or just a civilian making a lane change at the wrong time can completely unsettle a car at those speeds.

I can understand why you think the way you do because you have been doing it so long and nothing has happened. But it only takes once to end your life.
I know where you are coming from, a hick on tv with a 100 hp truck cant even begin to understand those Lambos/GTRs etc that cost more than his house... it's not the same ball park. they can get to 200 in like 5-7 seconds from a roll... and Im sure most of them know the roads well enough to not be racing around potholes and turns... I know where all the dips and turns are on GB/DNT/SRB motorspeedways (no pot holes)... its the same down there for the H town guys.

Never said it was safe, just not CRAZY like the people they interviewed... take it with a grain of salt. Ive been down there before, it's fucken epic racing 5 wide for 15 minutes at a time...