View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I don't have regular access to a pool, if I did I would definitely do that more being great cardio and much easier on the joints. I do like the rowing machine, I've been switching that up with the torture machine known as the Jacob's Ladder machine. lol. The most comfortable to the cycling machine, but I'm not doing this to be comfortable either.
IMO, running is the GD Devil! It's terrible for your body in EVERY aspect. The Impact on your joints to major organs just isn't for me. Running is uncomfortable to me so I choose not to. I'll treadmill on a high incline at a walking pace to melt fat before I would burn muscle running.

I cycled heavily for 7 years (2 years semi-pro off-road) and trained 90% on-road as the results from road training is much quicker and stronger. The other 10% was just enough to keep up our skill level off-road. Needless to say; cycling is far superior to running for results and low impact. I'm all for the bike suggestion. Stick it in a decent gear and start seeing results!
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote