View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
BlackStang08

Default Thanksgiving Fun Run - CTS-V

Decided to take a cruise early Thanksgiving morning. Made one hard run and drove another few miles hit a u-turn and saw a white 4 door CTS-V. So I decided to speed up a bit and hammer it, not thinking he would run. When I past him I noticed he got on it, so I was like what the heck and slowed way down.

He pulled right beside me and I thought about leaving it in 3rd but decided to try my luck in 2nd not knowing if I would spin or not. When I downshifted into 2nd that put me at his passenger door. I started the honks and at the third honk hammered it and my car hooked.

Immediately shot out of the hole and put a car on him. Slowly pulling to two plus, couldn't really tell because he was behind me but I could see him in my side view mirror. About that time he stopped my pull and looked like he was coming on the big end when I let off.

Surprised the crap outta me, didn't realize how fast they were. Especially since I just killed a new dodge viper 2 months ago. The CTS-V was one of my best races to date, really fun. We pulled over and talked, really nice guy, he says his car is stock, but I told him I'm not so sure it is, lol. I'm still scratching my head on the stock part.

After talking with him a bit more, he takes his car to Ennis. Says his best time is a 11.00. He thinks it can break the 10's. I've been reading up on them a little and after seeing the 1/4 mile times of modded and stock times, he either has one of the fastest stock V or is modded.

BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote