Thread: svt focus
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dark Pony View Post
Do you know much about the reliability of BMW's around the 2000-2004 range? I know one person who had one that old, and it's a tank.
Yeah. BMW's are another car in my opinion you don't want to buy out of warranty and/or high mileage. They have sensors for sensors (no joke, typical german engineering) and they tend to go for $200-500 bucks a piece. It's a crap shoot with BMW, if you can find one that has service records with a solid history, low mileage then you can drive it for awhile, but don't plan on keeping it past 90k-100k miles. Toanswer your question simply - stay away from BMW's in the 2k-4k range unless you are okay with regular repairs and idiot lights going off all the time.

In my expierence, you can't go wrong with Toyotas for basic transportation, especially the trucks. They routinely will go 300k+ miles plus if they have been cared for properly.

Acura's are good cars, the TL's always sell quickly because they are nice cars, good power and resell well. But theft can be an issue.

Sport compacts are going to be tricky because they are cheap enough for the kids to own and beat on and the theft rate is really high on them. This is especially true on anything Honda related.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote