Thread: Downtime's 5.0
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
downtime!

Default Time for an update I guess

Dropped the car off at HPP last weekend for the KB installation. Thought I was done with blowers, but after I sold the last kit, Manny had a deal I couldn't refuse. So, she'll be blown again, maybe ready by this weekend.

Spoke with Brad at the shop this morning and they did the baseline dyno run. She made 430 Hp and 420 ft lbs torque, so the Gearheads tune was definitely doing its job. Can't complain about those numbers at all.

The parts list for this trip are the KB 2.8LC kit, we're going with a 170* thermostat, I've having them install a boost gauge (using the Roush vent pod), install my LCA's, and they're installing the TMZ panhard bar they they took off of Mannys car.

They'll get the car back in a month or so for the new clutch (going dual disc), new axles and c-clip eliminators, and most likely a new shifter.

I took delivery of the new DR's and wheels yesterday, so at the track she'll be wearing MT 325/50's on 15x10 Dark Stars. Still need to get the front's, but I'm waiting until I can locate some '10 caliper brackets to be able to clear 15" wheels on the front.

Looks like I'll be in the market for a new set of wheels and tires for daily duty too, since Ryan now has my old Drifts. The stockers don't offer much in the way of traction with the KB on there.

So that's where we are as of now, I'll post more when I get the car back.