Thread: 19s or 20s?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
merlinmol

This thread is all over the place, I run 20x10 and 20x11 wheels and they are about 17lbs lighter per wheel then the stock 19" Brembo wheels. Granted to get that weight loss in a 20" you will have to spend a little money for them. As far as ride quality, I have yet to have a complaint, most everyone comments on how comfortable it is. Suspension setup and the Recaro seats have a lot to do with that as well. Nick/Pepper is right though, if you throw some thin tires on there, the ride is going to suck. As far as looks, pretty sure most the mustangs run with 20" wheels once they go aftermarket. From all the ones that I have seen, they only look bad if the wheel design/finish is lame, or if the fitment is wrong.

Edit: As far as the OP is concerned, I wouldn't even consider 19's, its a waste of money as far as tires go, 18's and 20's give better options for track/show use. Just my 2 cents though, I take my car to road courses as well as shows so I am a tad biased.

Last edited by merlinmol; 06-17-2013 at 08:51 PM.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote