View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #56
garner

Not sure why rx7 is saying you'll never see the upgrade cost back, guess he's never heard of resale value. Plus I'm pretty sure fuel costs overall will be cheaper. My experience with 2 hemi rams over 53,000 miles was that I saw maybe 35 tanks that were over 15 mpg. Just with my 2012, out of 105 fill ups only 13 were 15 mpg or higher; the overall average is 13.6. Every tank was with 93(89 is recommended, 87 is acceptable though). My trucks never saw towing or hauling(other than ass) that would effect numbers. Even getting 20 mpg compared to 15 mpg in the gasser unloaded, the diesel upgrade would pay off depending on how long you own the truck.

As far as tuning goes, I would wait and see when, or even if, it does come out. I waited years for bullydog and diablo to unlock the computer and bring out tuners for my trucks. They still have nothing for the GC diesel which has been out a little longer than the ram, so that's a sign right there that tuning may take a while.

I think the ecodiesel is good for somebody that either wants FI power without being In a gasser like the ecoboost, or doesn't want to pay the $10k markup to get into a comparable 3/4 or 1 ton truck.

Just be warned the resale value will suck compared to Toyota, no matter what.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote