View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I think the engineer in you knows the answer to this question but the car guy in you is still wrestling with the fact you bought something that didn't work.

To me, it's pretty straight forward. Any performance part that is "no tune" required isn't going to be worth the money because obviously it doesn't change from near factory settings/specs. Those no tune required CAI's are more for asthetics rather than performance.

Personally, I've chosen to stay with the stock box until I go boosted since the kit will come with a CAI. No sense in spending the money two or three times.

I wish it were cooler so we could race to see if that CAI helped you at all versus my stock box.
Yeah, it definitely is hard. Especially since I spent that money. LOL

At this point, I don't mind selling it if the stock box will be an improvement. BUT if I can afford a used JLT/Steeda/etc. from selling the K&N, I would definitely go that route. My goal right now is to get a legit, 400 rwhp from this car, in SAE form. I know the whole ordeal about dyno numbers, but I want it to be a [hopeful] consistent 400 rwhp no matter what. Perfect air, dialed in dyno, etc.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Don't count out the bama tunestjey aren't horrible. As for me I have the jlt intake and compared to the K&N it's huge. I wish I could get the jlt with the box like the K&N though.
I wish that more people would do an enclosed element CAI. I know on boosted applications it's a different story since they need much more air, and an open filter allows that, but I would gladly pay a little more for an enclosed CAI for a N/A car.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote