View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #93
SMERF

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Same here. I am 6 even and 195 on a fat day. I took a Mass Gainer from GNC one time and I couldn't handle it. One serving was 4 scoops and like 2000 calories. It was ridiculous. There was no way I could consume that as one serving. That was a few years ago. From what I have seen all of the mass gainers just focus on gaining weight, good or bad. They'll have a good amount of protein but an obscene amount of calories. It made me slow, sluggish and tired. I swapped to a simpler whey protein isolate and made more attractive muscle gains that way. But not everyone is the same so if it works the way you like, keep at it.

-Alex
No, you're right. The mass gainers are about 75% belly weight vs muscle. But at a minimum it gives me weight that I can convert to muscle you know. I take Dymatize isopure now and love it but it has little to no carbs. I'll probably just stick to that and alot of eggs and rice / pasta post workout. Dymatize also has great amino's, I saw you just recently started taking some . I'd check em out, best aminos I've personally ever had.
SMERF is offline   Reply With Quote