View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #57
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
Are you still running the stock fan?
I could get a better fan, but I have lost faith in cheaper modifications that will help this issue. The car is completely fine on the street or strip even before I change things in effort of cooling. But in my opinion it won't be worth the money.

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
I don't know what to say, sucks to ditch the big power, but kind of confirms I'm on the right path. My only engine mod is a K&N filter and axlebacks. LOL.
I was curious where you were headed as the big power would seem to put even more strain on the brakes and tires and the rest of the drivetrain.

IF I ever go hardcore, it will be to take weight out of the car and stay with mild(reliable) engine. Low weight just can't be overstated. Coyote in a light car would rock, e.g. a boss crate motor in something sub 3K lbs would be a killer combo.
I think big power can be had with these cars and survive the track. I am just nit willing to throw the $$$ at it in order to make it happen. If I were to go SC over again, I would try a VMP kit as they built it for open lapping so maybe it would perform better. But after experiencing it, I will cut my loses and go with what will work...not what may work.

I am not bitter about my decision, I tried it and loved this procharger. Heck, I wish I was a drag racer or a "show queen car" as this kit would be perfect for those applications. But for open lapping, it just isn't working for me. For the NA setup I am going for, 450 RWHP is definately doable.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote