View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
New to the domestic game. Not sure on mods to get so Ive been researching various forums. What I have came up with so far are Intake, Tune, Gears (.73). I never plan to boost the car so it will stay all motor. I was looking at the SCT SF3 tuner as it seems a bunch of people have it. One guy on here says he has one that still has to unlock? Not sure what that means. Sorry for the Noob questions but any help is appreciated.
Don't apologize for the questions, that's what this place is for.

The tuner being "locked" means it's married to the one car and needs to be returned to stock before you would be able to use it on your car.

The basic mods for these cars are exhaust and a tune. Opinions of intakes vary to how much they actually help at all. The stock box seems to work pretty well. At the very least a intake will make the engine bay look better if not pick a couple of HP.

Some people add the Boss intake as a basic mod to the list, but I don't agree with this because of the massive torque loss in N/A form. It's great for boosted applications for sure, but there is a big loss in torque in N/A form for sure.

As for tuners, the SCT Xcal is pretty much a standard. There are other tuners out there, but most tuners prefer the SCT's over everything else.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote