View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Don't apologize for the questions, that's what this place is for.

The tuner being "locked" means it's married to the one car and needs to be returned to stock before you would be able to use it on your car.

The basic mods for these cars are exhaust and a tune. Opinions of intakes vary to how much they actually help at all. The stock box seems to work pretty well. At the very least a intake will make the engine bay look better if not pick a couple of HP.

Some people add the Boss intake as a basic mod to the list, but I don't agree with this because of the massive torque loss in N/A form. It's great for boosted applications for sure, but there is a big loss in torque in N/A form for sure.

As for tuners, the SCT Xcal is pretty much a standard. There are other tuners out there, but most tuners prefer the SCT's over everything else.
Thank you for your reply Steve. So would just a K&n drop in be the best bang for the buck? Alot of stock boxes these days work wonders even in the Import world. The design looks pretty efficient. THe tuner in the for sale section says "two unlocks left" nd that it is unlocked. As for gears....What is everyones take on going 3.73? I get my dads rate on shop time so gears and install together will cost less then 400.
This is the ad for the tuner. If I bought this would I be able to just plug it up and flash or sghould I just buy new? Im debating gears or intake/tune.
http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1407
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote