View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #12
pohnjarker

ive said this before so i'll say it again...skip the CAI unless you get a screaming deal on a used one and want it for the sound. dyno numbers are meaningless for items like this that could possibly net you 3-5 horses on the dyno. ive seen dyno sheets that have 3 back to back runs and will fluctuate between 5-10 horses just on that. i'd say stick with the stock intake unless you like the look and sound of aftermarket CAIs.

i drank the koolaid a couple years ago when i first got my GT and spent like 700 or so on a brand new SCT tuner with BAMA tunes and JLT carbon fiber CAI. if i had it to do over again, id buy a used tuner, unlock it, and get an AED tune. my wife likes the GT500 axles backs so that's a plus but i have still have cats/resonators. when i get home i'll be going ORX and resonator delete, then i think that will be the perfect sound im looking for.

i liked my Boss intake and with the 3.73s its hard to tell you lose torque, even though its not that much. but since prices have gone up on that, i dont find it to be worth it anymore unless you can find a used one. i also think that the Boss intake is better for N/A than boosted with a centri...just my opinion after talking with Shaun about it.

i like my 3.73 gears, they are a blast to drive N/A but they suck boosted so i'm changing mine out for some 3.31s. again, if you're ok with used, go that route. they arent hard to find between svtp and corral.net, ive seen a few in the past couple weeks.

congrats on the new ride.