View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #43
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I always buy gas from the same place when we are near home. Any other time like on vacation or road trip I always try to buy from large name brand gas stations that have a separate pump for each octane rather than a shared pump for all octanes. A friend of mine who is a tech for Exxon told me that when you buy gas at pumps that share all octane levels you will get the same octane for about a gallon of the person who used the pump before you. Now, for most people on a stock motor that's not a big deal. But for someone on a boosted setup or built motor setup with a edgy tune and only pumping a few gallons to save weight, it could be an issue.
I agree, Jeff said this is the only place he buys fuel and has never had a issue before. And I can tell you with as much driving as I do and as much fuel as I use I have never got a bad tank my self. Here at the shop we see 30+ cars a month for tuning and out of all of those cars everyone of the three were a shell gas issue. It is very uncommon to have bad fuel

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote